Thread: Anyone want a whole pig for bait?

Default Anyone want a whole pig for bait?

I posted this in the trapping forum as well; but seeing as though this one gets a lot more traffic I thought I'd do the same here as I'm trying to avoid a complete waste.

So unfortunately I had a hog die on me the other day. He had some sort of respiratory infection which we were trying to treat with penicillin but it didn't work out. So I'm out a years worth of pork as the meat isn't fit for human/pet consumption, the penicillin requires a 30 day withdrawal. Rather than waste it completely though I thought maybe one of you trappers may be able to use it on your line. He's currently whole, guts and all, in the freezer as he actually died on my wife as I'm up at work at the moment and won't be home until late on the 3rd and she can't take care of disposal on her own. I'm in Sterling so if anyone would like it just hit me up. Otherwise he's going to get buried somewhere. He's roughly 150lbs+ I'd say.
    The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

It's spoken for guys. Not sure how to delete a post but if I figure it out I'll take this one down.

Ben, I read your post about your pig dying "ON YOUR WIFE" wow glad someone took it soon. At 150 pounds I bet she was relieved. LOL

I was actually wondering if one of you smart allecks would say something along those lines as I was writing it. Good on you sir. And yes I'm glad someone will take him. Hopefully he'll kill a few wolves and save some moose so it won't be a complete waste; though I'm still out a lot of $/time/and meat. Guess I'll just have to try that much harder for a blackie when I get home.