Thread: EIGHTY Inch MOOSE......are they still being harvested, yearly ???

Default EIGHTY Inch MOOSE......are they still being harvested, yearly ???

Seems like many years since I hear about 80" plus moose being harvested. Are there still a few harvested every year ???

Could have shot a handful of them last year but to far to pack. All were over a hundred yards from the road and with my lazy back beyond what I wanted to handle.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I often wonder what were the odds are of two massive 80" plus moose locking antlers and both starving to death.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I often wonder what were the odds are of two massive 80" plus moose locking antlers and both starving to death.
    I have seen several sets in the taxi shop I used to work at. Two were picked up by pilots on sandbars in western alaska, the other was found on the east side of the copper river..... they were all in the 78"-83" range. Absolutely monstrous racks.

Release Lake Trout

I know one guy that go an 80" moose long ago, I never saw it, but a friend of mine did. I want to think they still exist and hope they do.

If we did away with airplanes and assorted types of ATV,s we would have more and bigger big game. Every one but us senior citizens should do that.

That was funny!

They're still out there, but about as rare as a 46" dall ram. This rack was 80" even and harvested in 2014. An older gentleman from Mississippi took this great bull on a guided hunt with Mike Cowan and his guide service, Crosshairs Outfitters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Trapak View Post
    They're still out there, but about as rare as a 46" dall ram. This rack was 80" even and harvested in 2014. An older gentleman from Mississippi took this great bull on a guided hunt with Mike Cowan and his guide service, Crosshairs Outfitters.
    Was gonna post the same bull. Heres a pic of that bull while still whole

From what I could tell, there are only 3 bulls 80" or better listed in Boone and Crockett.

I've heard a rumor going around of a 83" bull taken on the Kenai peninsula this season,anyone else here this?

We had a 78" bull come through our hanger earlier this week from the Kotzebue area. It was massive, wish I would've had my phone on me at the time to take some pics.