Thread: 2016 Season's Equipment Review

Default 2016 Season's Equipment Review

Figured I would share my reviews with the seasons current hunting gear and equipment so far this season... My first hunt was out of eureka for the unit 13 caribou. The major equipment used was my 2016 Honda Pioneer 700-4. We towed a trailer many many miles back and it did fantastic! I really love this machine. The shifting is different however it did everything I wanted. On our return we took the bypass trail up monument and did experience some issues of overheating which I believe was a combo of getting stuck and helping towing my partner out as well. This I believe was a direct consequence for losing power up on of the hills. Bed was packed and a full load in the trailer we were towing. I was referred to change oil from 10w-30 to 10w-40 when we plan to tow. It'll help with the oil pressure which is very sensitive to the pioneer. It's a great machine and my kids love it!

Next my hunting partner was awarded with a fantastic opportunity to hunt dall sheep and was he provided the opportunity to come along and of course accepted! For this hunt I have a lot more reviews... First was my Irish Setter Vaprtrek Boots. These were absolutely amazing! I hiked 35-38 miles up and down the mountain sides. Side hilling and even climbing up shale. My feet held up great as well as the boot. They are not bad priced around $150 and a light. Strongly suggest them!

Next is my Vortex Razor HD 65mm spotting scope. This was amazing! It has great clarity and did everything is expected out of a spotting scope. I was using the Vortex Summit SS tripod and this worked great too! Well worth the money to get. Again light and was easy to pack.

Next to go along with the spotting scope was my phone skope for my iPhone 6. No words necessary.

These are just a couple items that were new to me for 2016. Figured I'd give you my input so far... Still have moose, bear, and deer to go. Happy hunting! Hope this was informative to someone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK

If you have any reviews of your own please share.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Weldcraft 24' Ocean King
    Keepin R' Wet
    Wasilla, AK

Highly recommend Kuiu gaiters. Fit snug and quality construction. Wore with my Lowa Hunters, crossed streams and trudged through bogs hunting moose. Kept me dry as designed. Didn't have to carry the river trekkers.