Thread: Gold Pan Uses

Default Gold Pan Uses

I use a gold pan instead of a bowl or plate camping and then pan it clean. It fits right in the end of many round packs like army duffle bags, and seals the open portion from rain and splashed water.

What other "outdoor gear" uses have you found for gold pans besides panning and eating?
    Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Default Gold Pan

I carry the large plastick pan and use it for taking sponge baths ,collecting watter for my watter filter instead of stooping over a creek or pond and of corse looking for some gold in the mountain streems.

The only problem I can see eating from a gold pan is if some of the stream water residue is left in the pan. This residue could even by dry and hard to notice, but sometimes it may contain parasites left in the water from beavers. I would think that if the pan is carefully washed with clean water, then that possibility should not be an issue.

Your idea is not bad at all, however.

I am guessing that you are using plastic pans.

Any old panner would shake his head in shame to see you eating out of your steel pan.

You can take a bath in it, use it as a bed pan, dig with it, build a fire in it. But never eat or cook in it.

You can guess why.

Been steel panning with the same pan for over 39 years.

"You can guess why."
    Any grease residue left in the pan will "float" the gold.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Well I guess if you cook in it, it's a really well seasoned pan, LOL. I bought a new steel pan and first thing I did was build a fire under it and burn it good, then leave it out to get good and rusty. I still use my Garrett pans. I am a life member of GPAA (paid in full) so I also have a copper one (for decoration). You can also use a gold pan to keep the rain off your detector box!