Thread: Nancy or Lynx Lake Fishing

Default Nancy or Lynx Lake Fishing

Heading out on the Nancy Lakes Canoe Trail this weekend with the girlfriend. We have a cabin on Lynx for one night and we were hoping to do some fishing. I've heard that pike is pretty good out there and I've also heard it's terrible. I'm just looking for anyone who's been out to Lynx or any of the surrounding lakes this year that may have any information.

hey bud, i fished lynx and nancy lake creek one week ago on foot. nancy is good at the out flow but with the pressure it can be day to day change. i fished lynx from the shore around the cabins and caught a few little ones. the ponds across the road were filled with dinks all summer i probably caught a 100 under 18". one week ago i caught one 30" and one 28" both females. i used a stack of lures and had the best luck with the storm plastic pikes over crank baits. good luck

Mr. Twister Hawg frogs work well out there.
    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

The last canoe portage site that finally gets you to Lynx Lake, put canoe in the water and look left. You will see a bunch of water reeds sticking out of the water. My bro-in-law and I fished the outskirts of those reeds with some wigglewarts. We were hooking up as fast as we could get the lures out there, the most time spent was trying to dig hooks out of throats and stomachs. But like others have said, all under 20", but still a heck of a lot of fun. The portage with my bro's 90lb plastic canoe and 30 lbs of gear/beer.....not so much....
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

The outlet to nancy has always been good to me.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.