Thread: HELP.......... Mildew Mitigation.....Products....Ideas......????

Default HELP.......... Mildew Mitigation.....Products....Ideas......????

I seem to be experiencing a small rash of mold and/or mildew on camping and hunting gear. Are there any products that help mitigate mold/mildew.....???

If the gear is colorfast then a weak bleach solution is simple, effective and cheap. About 1:20 should do it.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Thanks.......I am also looking for Pre-treating products like scotch guard. In the old days we painted wall tents as soon as they shrunk down tight on the wood frame. That helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    If the gear is colorfast then a weak bleach solution is simple, effective and cheap. About 1:20 should do it.

For canvas equal parts mineral sprits and boiled linseed oil. Probably what you put on wall tents
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I have also used THOMPSON WATER SEAL. Also a few times.....Bees-wax melted in heated diesel fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    For canvas equal parts mineral sprits and boiled linseed oil. Probably what you put on wall tents

But this is about much more than tents.........FILSON canvas products for example, and clothing.

Mirazyme kills mold and mildew. It is used to defunk wetsuits but will work to take mildew out of tents and other gear.