Thread: Ripped Off In Eureka!

Angry Ripped Off In Eureka!

New to the site, so I'm hoping this is an appropriate venue to pass on this info.........

One of our rigs broke down about 2 miles out (top of first big hill from gravel pit) on the trail to Monument on Saturday 9/3 on the way back to our hunting camp on old man creek trail. Not having the spares to fix it (yeah yeah I know better) and it being the 3 day weekend I chose to leave it off the side of the trail in a spot where it might look like I just wandered out into the brush after a moose for a few hours. We were able to continue on to hunting camp and were successful the next day. Monday evening I went back to town, checked on the rig on the way by, and got the parts Tuesday and hit the trail again Wednesday to make the repairs.

In the meantime some slime ball(s) ripped off a windshield bag, a GPS holder, and some other sundry equipment I left attached. Thankfully most of the the gear we had already taken to camp. Reading the post about the Missing Hunter in Eureka put me in mind of the same type of slime balls that passed him up or left him on the trails. In yesteryear, people that wouldn't render aid or ripped off potential survival gear from a rig on the side of the trail would likely have been held accountable for endangering the lives of others.

Anyway, wanted to pass on this sad tale of woe to engender some sympathy (ok, not so much. I know I should have had spares and this never would have happened) but more important, just for general awareness.

I hope these scum get caught in the act. Frontier justice is very effective

Hopefully karma will kick them right in the teeth.

Sorry to here about your loss. Criminal dirt bags are every where. They hunt and fish and shoot and ride ATV's. They are still dirt bags. I don't like them and I hope they become the victims of other thieves and vandals. Just the way I am.

Getting parts for machines broken down is a pain in the butt and then to add the feeling of being stole from on top is terrible. Like kick me while I'm down!! If its not bolted or cemented down people think they have to take it! Karma is all we can hope for I guess