Thread: Vacuum sealer recommendation?

Default Vacuum sealer recommendation?

Hello all, I hope this is posted in the right place. I've gone through a few FoodSaver vacuum packers, and I'm tired of having them crap out when I'm in the middle of a project. I'm now using (or was until it stopped) the FoodSaver Gamesaver which seemed to last longer than the other units I've tried. What vacuum sealers actually work, and last longer than one or two years? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Uisce Beatha
    Harbercraft Discovery 2025 HT

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ight=Vacmaster
    One of several threads that may answer your questions.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Read the linked thread, and then go to Alaska Butcher Supply and get their advice.

FoodSavers work great if you dry everything really well. If you don't dry whatever it is you are sealing and then dry it again, plan on spending $500-$1000 to get something halfway decent and way more for something good. My FoodSaver has lasted me over a decade with the purchase price and a lot of paper towels coming in well under $500. I have family members who are happy with the Cabela's and Weston models they own, not sure which kinds they are but they were in the $500-$1000 range.

Default Vacuum sealer recommendation?

4 years old I use it for all the time. Worth every penny! Vac master is the only way to go. You won't regret spending the thousand bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

We have one of the Minipack machines from Alaska Butcher Supply and can't say enough about it. The entire extended family uses it, as do friends at time. We've put well over 50 big game animals and thousands of pounds of fish through it, and other than some basic maintenance it has been bullet-proof.

Talk to the folks at Alaska Butcher Supply. They won't steer you wrong.

The Cabela's chamber vac is a vac master 115 with the Cabela's sticker on it. Wait for a good sale and scoop one up. I use mine for left overs a lot more than I anticipated. Any vac sealer I purchase in the future will be a chamber vac. Food savers are a waste of time, money, and food

I bought my vacmaster 215 and Costco last year before red season and use it all the time. it works great and I would highly recommend it. it looks like it is cheaper on Amazon and if you can get it here for free shipping that would be a bonus as it takes two men and a boy to move it (slight exaggeration but it is heavy and awkward for one person)

Quote Originally Posted by akshootnscoot View Post
    The Cabela's chamber vac is a vac master 115 with the Cabela's sticker on it. Wait for a good sale and scoop one up. I use mine for left overs a lot more than I anticipated. Any vac sealer I purchase in the future will be a chamber vac. Food savers are a waste of time, money, and food
    This is a very good point. I end up using mine for all kinds of food preservation, not just game. I even vacc'd gravy once....worked great.

Plus, the bags are about 1/3 the cost of foodsaver rolls so the thing will nearly pay for itself in a few years if you process any decent amount of meat. I've got the Vacmaster 215, used to use the Cabelas C-15 for about 7 years (It worked ok, if dry) and am very glad I made the switch.

We got a Vacmaster PRO260 in 2012 for around 300 I think at Sportsmans. 5 moose, 4 caribou, a goat, and hundreds of copper river salmon fillets through it so far. We also vacuum pack our bulk sausages/wieners that we get made up by the processor. Still going strong. You don't need to spend a fortune.
    The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.