Thread: Sheraton bay kodiak bear hunt

Default Sheraton bay kodiak bear hunt

So I was drawn for a fall bear hunt db 227, in sheraton bay, kodiak for this coming fall, I have secured my flights. And was lucky enough to secure a cabin that is in the bay, that andrew air maintains, the question I have is if anybody on here can tell me what type of fuel the stove in that cabin uses, seems that everyone I've talked too doesn't know. Any any tips or hints for hunting that drainage would be appreciated too

Your prob talking about heating the cabin not cooking food. All fed cabins throughout Kodiak heat on kerosine. That's my guess. Andrews can't tell you? If ker, Take 10 gallons. Available at Walmart, Spenards, Sutlitffs.

Don't know how to hunt there other than glass, glass glass.

They all run off #1 or 2 heating oil, the same as houses do. You could use kerosene also. Andrews has 5 gallon cans they will let you use to fill up the oil before you depart. Depending on how much time you spend in the cabin plan on 1 gallon per day you're out there, alittle more if you're looking to keep it on most of the night. Good luck

The cabin is native owned and no andrews hasn't told me yet, I've asked a couple times, just trying to see what kind of heat I need to pack

We had the spring tag this year and stayed in this cabin - if you are not already gone PM me & I can fill you in. Nice cabin to stay in.

Npole how did your hunt go?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

We had a great time, had the opportunity to take a bear but wasn't what we were looking for (small bear), saw several other nice bears but couldn't make it happen. We could only hunt a few days due to the weather but had a good time I think we were there 11 days. We had one negative issue but I couldn't figure out how to pm you?

Quote Originally Posted by Npole1 View Post
    We had a great time, had the opportunity to take a bear but wasn't what we were looking for (small bear), saw several other nice bears but couldn't make it happen. We could only hunt a few days due to the weather but had a good time I think we were there 11 days. We had one negative issue but I couldn't figure out how to pm you?
    PM's can be sent by clicking on the poster's forum name on a post. When you click, you'll get a number of options, on of which is PM's. You may not have enough posts to qualify for PM's?

Probably need to have more posts before you can use the pm function. I would love to hear more though. I used to guide that area.
    Master guide 212

I cant pm you I fly out the morning of 23 wich is tomm, I wish i could of talked with you, hate going in blind

Brwnbr can you give me any pointers for the area I cant pm anyone and i fly out tomm morning23 oct

Gonna be busy. Heard several guys on the ferry headed into there as well. They give out a lot of tags for that are and most guys avoid kizuyak cause of the native land and all end up in Sheraton. Get high and get far. Bears will be more nocturnal and will get lost with a sudden influx of human activity. Farther back into the valley you get the better your odds will be. Have fun. Glass glass early early.
    Master guide 212

Always walk back to camp by flashlight. Stay on your lookout until you can't see anymore.