Thread: upland season's first trip

Default upland season's first trip

Well its almost time to hit the hills in earnest...as soon as the moose hunters clear out. In the meantime I was invited to visit and hunt with a friend in Delta area for grouse. It has been too long since I hunted that neck of the woods...Coal and Lil' Joe both had firsts; first sharptails (both), first ruffed grouse (Coal's first - Joe blew an opportunity for ruffed, but they were not holding for long) and i think it was Lil' Joe's first pointed spruce grouse. Lil' Joe had the bad luck of the draw most times. His rotation didn't produce as many birds as did Coal's...but that is the way it sometimes. Coal has some work to do on her searching / ground coverage, but she is young. All in all it was a very good trip... and...we got a few birds!

I have to get better at handling the dogs, the gun and the camera at the same time so I can get more action photos...I consider them all action photos, but more photos of the field work rather than the results.

Good luck all and have some canine fun!

sorry for the duplication, but my computer timed out so i hit submit again without knowing that it had already loaded

Nice! great looking dogs, sure do love those sharpies.

Here is the photo that was lost somehow....

Looks like you and the dogs had loads of fun up here in Alaska. Sorry I missed you.

Very nice!
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Sweet! Good hunting this year!
    That country was so hungry even the ravens were packin' a lunch.... HUNGRY I tell ya'!!