Thread: Net for Silvers?

Default Net for Silvers?

I have a fairly large net and it's a pain netting out of the boat especially if I am fishing alone on the river. Looking for recommendations on a good net for silvers out of a boat. I notice the guides seem to have smaller nets with pretty deep pockets ( or what ever you call the belly of the net).

You hit the nail on the head. A good silver net only has a hoop opening of about 18" They don't have the huge girth of a king. Or the length to where a head shake can go a couple of feet sideways. However you still want a relatively deep net as they are still fairly long and active when they hit the net. You don't want them flipping out of easily. And get a QUALITY net. Soldotna Trustworthy hardware generally always has a good selection of quality nets as well as budget nets. No doubt Sportsmans whse and now Cabelas and Bass Pro does as well. I still love to give my money to Trusty unless I can't get what I'm after there.

The bigger problem this year has been finding something to put INTO the net! Hopefully the catching has been going well for you. REady to break the sleds out yet???

honestly, it's been a while since I've shopped for nets but do own what I've just described. That's what I use on my Salt boat for feeder kings as well. I have a telescoping handle so that I can reach out beyond the downriggers and ect out back. Sure makes it nice as well as productive to keep everything fishing while fighting a fish. This results in doubles and triples often.

Thanks Tim, I was just down there and forgot about checking Trustworthy! Fishing was real low most of the week but really turned on yesterday morning. I was getting more fight out of my net then the fish and almost threw it in the trash on the way out!