Thread: Prince of Wales Hunting experiance

Default Prince of Wales Hunting experiance

Muskeg...your inbox is full but I need to start by first giving a big thanks for all your help. Our trip turned out amazing. We worked our asses off putting on 37 miles of hiking but it sure paid off. We experienced some of the best that Prince of Wales has to offer.

Story and pictures to follow when we return back home which isn't until Sunday, few days relaxing in Ketchikan first. Wife says she needs a massage! Those deer and bear sure put a hurting on even the backs of the youngest lads!

fixed my mailbox ..... enjoy Ktn ....

If Johnnie don't know POW nobody does.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

A couple photos to share for now. We are working on a full album of photos with captions to tell the story and I'll get that posted as soon as we complete.

Short version: We hunted deer in the alpine for 2.5 days until my wife made a beautiful 270 yard shot on this 2x2. His meat over the campfire the next two nights ranks up there as the best meal I've ever had.

2x2 deer.jpg

After a day of hiking the deer out, the following day we hunted bear all day along creeks with no sightings. The area looked promising so we returned the next morning and walked right into one actively feeding on salmon.

bear.jpg

I can't even describe in words how my wife felt about getting an Alaskan double header on our very first trip! Whether it was pure luck or our strong drive to hunt hard, we got it done!