Thread: Taxidermy Recommendations

Default Taxidermy Recommendations

I'm looking for a recommendation on taxidermists for a bison shoulder mount in Anchorage and another for a goat shoulder mount in Ketchikan. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I just got my goat back from Dahlbergs in Wasilla, outstanding job. Great customer service and pretty fast as far as taxidermy is concerned. Shot in February and got back in August. He has a Facebook page if you want to have a look at his work, Dahlbergs Taxidermy is the page name if you google it.

I have found Dave Whinney of Alaska Frontier Taxidermy in Valdez to have the highest attention to detail of anyone. All my animals go straight to Dave, and especially my sheep.

http://alaskafrontiertaxidermy.com

Trophy taxidermy, everything stays in house. No outsourcing for tanning or anything else. Work is exceptional.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I'm looking for a recommendation on taxidermists for a bison shoulder mount in Anchorage and another for a goat shoulder mount in Ketchikan. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Find one taxidermist and stick with him/her. Bringing a goat cape back from Ketchikan to Anchorage is pretty easy. A goat cape and horns will fit in small cooler or Rubbermaid container. We just got back from Wyoming with 3 antelope capes/horns, one set of small mule deer horns and a set of antelope horns and meat. It fit in 3 small Rubbermaid containers. We put syrofoam coolers(broken apart) in them to keep the meat frozen. On the 12 hours it took us to get from Casper to Anc last night it was fine.

That being said, check out my photos on Face Book at In Natures Image Taxidermy. Id be happy to help you. I just did a goat that was cut for a rug and turned it into a custom shoulder mount.

Hugh
    In Nature's Image Taxidermy and Game Calls
    Palmer

Default Bison

Here is a bison recently finished. Doing finish work on another big bull tomorrow. Airbrush Tuesday and will be ready for pick up.

Check out my page at the bottom link.

Thanks,

Jesse

Dahlbergs Taxidermy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

I have had good luck with Tundra Taxidermy over the years. He has a great turnaround, quality work and he also does everything in house. He used to be the cheapest but is now right along with all others.
    "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyin 1 On View Post
    I have had good luck with Tundra Taxidermy over the years. He has a great turnaround, quality work and he also does everything in house. He used to be the cheapest but is now right along with all others.
    Agree, he has tanned some bears for us but his prices have increased. Good work though. Currently have a spring blackie in the tanning process at his place.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Contact wild reflections in eagle river! Grant will do a great job! He is doing my bison from last year.