Thread: DM788 HELP please !

Default DM788 HELP please !

I drew a FMA tag and need advice or suggestions please.
    Drove up this past weekend and felt like a kid lost in a big city.
    I will do my homework and research before I go back up... Thanks in advance for the help.

A lot of private land in that area though there are a few spots you can get away from the houses if memory serves. Study the maps. Worse comes to worst you can always knock on a few doors if you're seeing animals around and ask for access.
    The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

-first look at Fairbanks GIS, the borough has a GIS database of land ownership, super easy to read and gets good aerial photos.
    -second I would hunt creamers field talk to fish and Game and get signed up.
    -third, get out early and drive the roads, I know people who get moose every other year by just getting out consistently. There are lots of moose in the Fairbanks area just need to get out and look!

If I see any cows hanging around my place I'll let you know.

I'm confused as to why an Anch. res. would apply for this permit. Long drive to hunt Moose.
    The south side of the Chena R. from flood control dam to Nordale Rd. bridge is FMA. You could hunt that area from a boat. As you get closer to Nordale there are more cabins/houses. Water is high and there are side sloughs, ponds you could boat in to, or some you could walk. Below Nordale both sides are FMA. Should be plenty of places to get out of boat and scout. If you have help you could canoe from the dam in to town and hunt any side ponds, fields, etc. that aren't occupied with houses or trepass signs.
    Creamers is a decent spot but might end up with an awful long pack to get the meat out. Google maps should help you identify roads around the refuge and where to hunt/watch w/o being too far from a road.
    Lots of private land that will keep you out in FMA!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Thanks martentrapper for the info. I will be hunting from a boat next trip.. I love the Fairbanks area and plan to move there in the near future.

Thanks AKducks good advise (GIS) I will look into this. Creamers field is excluded from the DM788 tag I believe. I,m going to focus on this hunt and have lots of time to get the job done .. Thanks again.