Thread: New to AK

Default New to AK

Hey Guys new to the Anchorage Area. I grew up Hunting and Fishing AL but know very little about Ak I know shes a whole different monster when it comes to hunting. On that note if anyone needs a hunting buddy willing to learn anything you can teach me about hunting some ducks, I have no problem putting in the work either helping out scout and etc. I do know the season has already begun but thought id see if anyone had some room, Ive been hunting In AL since I was little, I do have my duck calls and am able to call most puddle ducks, Ive never seen a sea duck in my life just puddle ducks and divers.

Thanks and hope to see yal out there

Jake

Hey Jake, welcome to Alaska and welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
    Hey Jake, welcome to Alaska and welcome to the forum!
    Hey thanks, Im assuming most of normal gear works up here and is need. How well and often are decoys used? Also assuming most everything is hunted in a marsh/ watered area and not dry field?

Dunno about dry fields, possibly get geese or cranes. It's been over a decade since I hunted ducks but decoys or jump shooting have been successful for me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

yeah ppl here at work have said i should give the hay flats towards wasilla/palmer a shot and also theres a area down by whittier. Not looking to go hunt someones honey hole just trying to find legal area to go, always nice to get out in the field and shoot a few.