Thread: 357 pd

welfare state of Alaska

Default 357 pd

A link on the 329 PD bought to mind that I have a 357 PD I've never even fired. I got it new at a close-out price when they were discontinued some years ago, and with a 329 PD just never got around to using it.

Does any have a 357 PD they have used to any extent? The .41 Mag caliber looks idea for the model - less recoil than the .44 Mag and thicker cylinder so the cases are less prone to stick with heavy loads. I haven't checked out bullet selection, with the smaller caliber and cylinder length you could shoot a bullet with a better sectional density.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I'm green! I waited a bit too long when I saw a 357 at Sportsman's just before the Canadians took over. The Wife bought me a 6" 657 years ago and I really enjoy the gun. She's taken a liken to it so much (midrange lead loads) I hardly get to shoot it anymore. It's her home defense gun.

While others are talking the best walkaround handgun, I think of the 357 and wish I'd jerked out my wallet.

I wonder if we share a gene that causes us to keep a gun or two in the safe we haven't shot yet. Not a "I'm never going to shoot it." but "I just haven't got around to shooting it yet."