Thread: Source for Kestrel Wind Meter in Anchorage

Default Source for Kestrel Wind Meter in Anchorage

Anywhere in town carry these? No one will ship to AK because they contain a lithium-ion battery. Haven't found one, yet.

Have you tried the mountaineering store in Spenard a block or so from koots? The name escapes me.

edit: Alaska mountaineering and hiking, it's on Spenard rd across from the theater.

Also I'm almost positive I've seen them at three bears in Chugiak in the gun store. I would think Cabelas,bass pro or sportsmans.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dawgs View Post
    Also I'm almost positive I've seen them at three bears in Chugiak in the gun store. I would think Cabelas,bass pro or sportsmans.
    Not Sportsmans, couldn't find any at Cabelas (although their catalog carries them), haven't tried Bass Pro. I need to swing by AMH (the mountaineering place) anyway. I'll drop by Three Bears on the way to the fair. Thanks for the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    Not Sportsmans, couldn't find any at Cabelas (although their catalog carries them), haven't tried Bass Pro. I need to swing by AMH (the mountaineering place) anyway. I'll drop by Three Bears on the way to the fair. Thanks for the ideas.
    You should be able to order one from cabelas had have it shipped to the store. I believe when I bought mine I bought it from longrangehuntingstore.com and had it shipped up no problem.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

That may be the answer. I called and emailed Kestrel, but apparently they took off early for the Labor Day weekend.

Contacted Kestrel and they took the order, no problem. Never understand why so many catalog companies treat us like a different country.

Glad it worked out, never understood why companies do that. I argued with a guy from Texas years ago. He was convinced Alaska was not part of the United States.