Thread: Seward -Silvers?

Default Seward -Silvers?

We are thinking of dragging the boat to Seward for the weekend. Been working too much and not enough fishing the past couple of months. Does anyone have a current report on fishing for silvers inside the bay? We will have some young ones on board and not looking for a long boat ride.

Any advice would be great.

Dave

Dave,
    This is second hand but a friend of mine has been fishing for silvers for the last 5 days in seward using the rental boats at Miller's and they have yet to catch one in their group. They did get a 20lb king but thats the only salmon they have landed. Hopefully, some others will have some reports but it seems like the silver runs are down about everywhere this year.

Greg

Greg,

Thanks for the update... Seems pretty consistent with everywhere else....

Dave

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Extremely slow is the way I would describe it.

I fished yesterday and caught a limit of silvers, dragging my down rigger balls about five feet off the bottom in 230' of water south of Cape Junken. They were hard on the bottom and their scales were tight, like they were ready to move on. Good luck and bring an extra ball or two.

AKCAPT.... I don't like fishing for Halibut that deep.... can't imagine trolling for salmon at that depth.

Thanks for the updates guys!!!

Same here in cross sound area. Those suckers are deep. No down riggers, tried mooching down 150'. Seems like a joke..beautifull weather though. Sea lions are hungry here. Saw a eagle catch a seagull.

You'd be better off snagging at McDonald.

Any updates on how the shore fishing is out in Seward? Looking to get into some silvers this weekend.

I haven't been down there for about 3 weeks. I was able to get 5 (snagging from shore) on one tide, but barely saw more than 2-3 more fish over the next 1.5 days (~10 hours). A little bird told me they are (were?) just really late... not sure what the current status is though. Anyone?

the numbers of fish are not there any more, the stocking program is way down , the fingerlings stocked are way down
    because of cost per fingerling SID