Thread: The "kitchen sink"

Talking The "kitchen sink"

We are all most packed. A 30' Raptor Toy Hauler, my Polaris Big Boss and the wife's Polaris Razor, you name it, we got it.

The "kitchen sink" is in there some where , but it is buried under all the stuff. It is painfully obvious to me we have passed from being true hunters to, lets get get comfortable and stay that way hunters.

Years ago every thing fit into a back pack or our 17' canoe. We were much younger and more physically capable then. I guess it is inevitable as we are in our mid to late 60's. But, we still yearn for frosty mornings and a freezer full of wild game.

I am very optimistic though. We have almost 3 weeks to make some thing happen. We have prepped as much as possible and know where we are going and eventually we will bump into some thing.

Most importantly, we said our prayers for safety and success if the Lord has that in store for us.

I can smell the bacon and coffee and the fresh doughnuts my wife made are calling me. Moose and caribou, ya better hide!

Good luck .338, have fun and enjoy yourself! Tis' the season!

Good luck nothing wrong with being comfortable as you get older I tell myself hunt smarter not harder LOL
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

I'm right there with you. Sure I can sleep on the ground but I can't get up afterwards.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I agree 338mag. Sucks when it takes a half hour to get all the kinks out. Good luck and enjoy that instant coffee!

As I have gotten older, taking my own indoor bathroom is great. Not to mention for the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Good luck nothing wrong with being comfortable as you get older I tell myself hunt smarter not harder LOL
    Heck, there's nothing wrong with being comfortable at a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch It View Post
    Heck, there's nothing wrong with being comfortable at a young age.
    SOOOOOOO True Catch IT
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Good luck, safe travels, and take lots of pictures. Action shots, like bacon sizzling, coffee pouring, that sort of thing. Oh yeah, and a critter too.

Quote Originally Posted by snocross View Post
    Good luck and enjoy that instant coffee!
    Instant? Man, if I'm hunting off a wheeler-supplied camp, we bring our french press and fresh ground coffee. Instant is for sheep and goat hunting - moose and caribou is all about quality coffee and real food.

Speaking of which...that reminds me that I need to buy some coffee beans today for this weekend's hunt.
    Last edited by Brian M; 08-31-2016 at 15:21.

Savor every moment.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Instant? Man, if I'm hunting off a wheeler-supplied camp, we bring our french press and fresh ground coffee. Instant is for sheep and goat hunting - moose are caribou is all about quality coffee and real food.

Speaking of which...that reminds me that I need to buy some coffee beans today for this weekend's hunt.
    Looks like I have to try moose hunting next. I guess I started off my alaska hunting experience with a tough one (sheep)

Sounds like a true Alaska urban subsistence hunter. All joking aside, best of luck. All that stuff doesn't make it easier, but it sure makes it more enjoyable as you get older.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I guess it is inevitable as we are in our mid to late 60's. But, we still yearn for frosty mornings and a freezer full of wild game.
    !
    That yearning is in the soul of the hunter, and no matter what age it will never go away. Good luck my friend...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Enjoy your trip! And many more.

I switched jobs in February, so no remote Alaska hunt for me this year. It's driving me bonkers to wait until next September! Please take lots of pics and share them with all of us who wish we were out there in the frosty mornings too.

Best wishes, .338 mag. and company! Looking forward to the photos and a write up of your adventures!