Thread: Looking for a youth compound bow

Default Looking for a youth compound bow

I am a Big brother with Big Brothers Big Sisters program. My little brother keeps asking me to take him to go shoot. My parents gave our bows away without me knowing. So I am wondering if anyone would like to donate one to him or sell one for very cheap. Will not use it for hunting I don't think. Just something to get him into and practice. He is only 11 and a fairly small frame. His mother approved it as long as I keep it at my house and he is under my supervision while using it. Thanks for looking.

Don't have one to donate, but I will recommend:

1. Mathews Genesis. You can both shoot it without any adjustments (unless you want to alter draw weight), so you can model proper form for him with the same bow and arrows.

2. Maybe Mathews Genesis Pro, but your reference to "small frame" makes me think the Genesis is a better choice.

Default Thanks for the info.

Maybe I can talk his mom into buying him that nice of bow, either new or used. I shoot a Parker Pheonix. Mine is all tweaked where I want it and not sure on the lowest draw weight. UMMM... but I have always wanted a Mathews. Will see what happens from this thread. Before I think of buying another bow. Anything compound just so he can have some fun. Pretty cool kid and wants to learn to hunt and shoot, but bows and guns. He has already shot compound bows at a camp a few years back. So figured I will start off easy. Thanks for looking and the advice. Any takers?

I also shoot a Phoenix 32 and you probably know about the program "Grow up with Parker" where you can buy a bow and parker will upgrade limbs and draw modules for the growing archer for cheap. Check it out. By the way, any luck connecting with anything using the Phoenix? Check out the gallery on the site under "Caribou".

Default hey thanks Hunt_AK

I didn't know that about parker. I bought my bow new shot it for a month and went out and nailed my cow on fort rich. High on the lungs and complete pass through.

Going to hang and take my little fishing on thursday. Will get a better feel for how interested, and serious he is about shooting. He brings it up all the time though so I think it would be a lot of fun and a chance to get a kid started.

Default Archery talk

Post this request on Archery Talk Forum. There is a Archery & Bowhunting Giveaway forum with a sub forum called donation request. I'm positive you'll be sucessful getting a bow for your little brother. Good luck, Jeff

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/