Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 brow tine or not? And how wide.

Default 4 brow tine or not? And how wide.

Looks to me like 3x2. My guess for how wide it is around 57.

That's potentially a tricky one, but I'm saying 3 brow tines. As for width, certainly over 50 - mid to high 50s, I'm guessing.

I think it's 3 brow tine to be on the safe side..and 54"

3x2, 54-55"

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    3x2, 54-55"
    +1 on this

Default 4 brow tine or not? And how wide.

Not four brow tines and I'm guessing a little over 50 to mid 50".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    That's potentially a tricky one, but I'm saying 3 brow tines. As for width, certainly over 50 - mid to high 50s, I'm guessing.
    That is a potentially tricky one for sure Brian. If you look on page 30 of the regs it says..."brow tines emerge from the brow palm or near the base of the antler and typically project forward." We can see that that long point is still pointing forward....

Then it says "the brow palm is separated from the main palm by a wide bay; a tine originating in or after this bay is not a brow tine." In this case the wider bay is after that long tine, as the bay before the long tine isn't any larger than the bay between the first and second brow points.

I agree with the rest of you and feel that they would also call it a 3 brow tine bull. BUT, I think a person could have a pretty good case especially seeing that that long tine is indeed pointing forward like the other brow tines and not backwards or upwards. Interesting for sure....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Points don't generally fork then have an extra. So imho 3 brow tines. I think it's smaller then it appears but it's all about perspective when looking at a picture

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    3x2, 54-55"
    +2 on this
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Points don't generally fork then have an extra. So imho 3 brow tines. I think it's smaller then it appears but it's all about perspective when looking at a picture
    yeah, when they aren't attached to the head you kinda need some kind of reference point. A 36"er could look just like that if the symmetry is the same. In the same token, the same rack is gonna look a lot different with a 5'2" woman holding it than a 6'5" guy....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Does not have 4 brow tine, I'd say 3x2, and ~55" spread

Definitely 3 x2. But i am a terrible judge of size cause that looks large 60.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

I agree with 4mer, pretty good case for 4 brow tine. I don't think law enforcement could definitively say 3 bt. I'm going 49 inches. Bases look small to me.

3x2 and 48"
    Or however the trooper is feeling that day.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must be a horrible judge as well cause I'm seeing 62" or better. How long is the suspense going to last...

We wrote it down as a 3x2. 54"er

I am going to be the odd man out here and wager this is an illegal bull. 2 brow tines only because of the wide bay in between the tines and only 46-48 inches.

3x2 and 52"

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    That is a potentially tricky one for sure Brian. If you look on page 30 of the regs it says..."brow tines emerge from the brow palm or near the base of the antler and typically project forward." We can see that that long point is still pointing forward....

Then it says "the brow palm is separated from the main palm by a wide bay; a tine originating in or after this bay is not a brow tine." In this case the wider bay is after that long tine, as the bay before the long tine isn't any larger than the bay between the first and second brow points.

I agree with the rest of you and feel that they would also call it a 3 brow tine bull. BUT, I think a person could have a pretty good case especially seeing that that long tine is indeed pointing forward like the other brow tines and not backwards or upwards. Interesting for sure....
    Disagree - that 4th point comes off the side, IMO, not the front. It almost looks as if it could used in measuring the width of the rack - it certainly nearly sticks as far out as the long point just above it.
    I know of one trooper that would call this rack a 1 (Right side) x 2, due solely to the depth of the bays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast