Thread: trip to kodiak, looking for remote silvers

Thumbs down trip to kodiak, looking for remote silvers

I'm heading to kodiak on sept 7-11 to visit a buddy. looking to slam some silvers and had a recommendation for floating the uganik river. anyone know if the silvers will be in full swing during this time? are there any other rivers that would be better for a drop off ,float fish trip?

Uganik is on my list and that should be prime time. The pinks are thin this year so they won't be a bother. Coho's are in the rivers now and have much better size to them than last year. The first week of Sept is usually game on and it looks the same this year.

What's with the thumbs down?
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK

If you want a longer and more memorable float, but at extra expense, give serious thought to the Karluk. Man, what a river and what great fishing! Just might run into some early steelhead too, if you sort through enough silvers to get at them. But man, that sorting is sure a lot of fun!
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

I will be up from the 15-23rd, I have the Uganik cabin for a portion of that time. Talked to the guys at Island Air yesterday. They haven't taken anybody in for 10 days or so. The last group they had go in there did very well on Dolly's and rainbows. Pink salmon were in but less of them, however substantially larger than usual. Sounds like the Silvers are starting to trickle in. Good Luck.