Thread: finished product

Default finished product

Thank so much for this forum in helping me make contact with a previous owner of my new (to me) canoe. Here are a couple pictures of last weeks work.
    After the fiberglass work, I added UHMW skids to the bottom and refurbished the motor lift. I happened to be painting an aircraft with some white and could not resist painting the motor mount hehe.

20160810_210913.jpg20160820_084716.jpg

Took it out on Tustumena lake on sunday. It did pretty well, but I need to get a little more speed out of it. I was only getting 9 knots indicated.

I also added a picture of the other canoe I own that will be coming on my hunting trip in a couple weeks :-)

20160820_123056.jpg20160821_180653.jpg

Interesting canoe....good luck with her!

I can't tell teh size and power but you mention 9 knots only.......keep in mind that this type of hull isn't built for speed so excessive power does little but burn excessive fuel.

When you start producing a bow wave, back off the throttle a bit as you've probably reached hull efficiency.

Good thing to keep in mind. I am trying out a 15hp this weekend and see if it is any better.

what happens is as you go faster? the bow picks up an the back end go down to a point, with your hands on the gunnel your
    fingers will be in the water, where it will help is with a large load it will go faster, when the canoe is empty be carfull on how fast you go, not much
    canoe will be in the water, [because of the shape of canoe ] SID

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    what happens is as you go faster? the bow picks up an the back end go down to a point, with your hands on the gunnel your
    fingers will be in the water, where it will help is with a large load it will go faster, when the canoe is empty be carfull on how fast you go, not much
    canoe will be in the water, [because of the shape of canoe ] SID
    But that is when the fun begins! :-)

Thank you for your comments. I will be out on the water this weekend again testing more motors and configurations.

1.jpg We made it out this past saturday with the canoes lashed together. Had a great time. The canoes did well. Sorry about the image being upside down. Loaded it a couple times, could not get it fixed.

the photo looks good, have some a good times an be safe SID