Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone explain this, why has it not sold?

Question Someone explain this, why has it not sold?

Seems to me that this boat potentially could be a great deal considering the motor package. It's been for sale for quite some time now and it is not selling. If a guy was to pick it up for $80K I'd think you could run it for a few years and sell it for what you invested in it. Terrible time for me to make any purchases but it sure is difficult to not go check this thing out.
    Have any of you guys looked at this boat in person yet?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/5708500415.html

Looks well used, strange step up on back deck, trailer is rusty..leaves me wondering how well the boat was taken care of.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Seems like a good deal but good deals often aren't. Maybe the potential fuel bill scares away people who really shouldn't be buying a boat like this. OR why the low hours? If I have to scrape the bottom of the piggy bank to buy her in the first place what do I do if one of those 250s goes out?

OR it really is a killer deal... like the owner doesn't know that it is $155k to replace that boat. But I have witnessed that over $100k boats don't move very quickly because things are more custom and buyers get picky about things like the layout of things (photo #5 shows a real trip hazard on the rear deck). What year is the boat? If its 10-15 years old they may have only bought it for $100k. It could be that old look at photo #3 and look at the rear bulkhead it is showing some age. Some boats don't show well in person, or they look a lot older in person then in the photos.

OR maybe it really is a killer deal.

Sobie2

I donít think the trailer looks all that bad, the wheels are still silver and the frame looks ok.
    Thing is, until you actually inspect it in person all is speculation.

If the electronics are as old as the boat they are probable do for replacement and that adds up.

See a Wallas stove but no sink, plus a porta potty in the head, maybe no onboard fresh water system.

The winless listed is undersized in my book for that size ofboat, and itís still in the box.

Donít see trim tabs, looks like a bare bones boat to me.

Wonder what the fuel capacity is, I would want 250+ to have and range; and deep pockets to fill her up.

Again, all speculation.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

My opinion on these more expensive aluminum boats are people want to buy a nearly new/nice condition for a used price. I think it's hard for people to spend that much money on something that LOOKS used. Another negative thing about this particular boat is the horsepower. A boat that size doesn't need that much HP for the average user, the fuel bill would be quite a bit. It's nice to have the HP if you can afford it, but not necessary.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

When the price is low enough, the boat will sell.

That is true for anything for sale.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Many reasons. Now with Fall here may be even harder to sell. Also some people are worried about the economy. Allot of people may not want to spend that kind of money right now. Also with new motors, my guess is those were not the original motors. New motors can mean many things. Did the boat sink? Did the old ones go to a decent hour (2500+hrs?) Did he hit something? Many questions pictures do not answer. No close up of the electronics, so they may be very outdated. Plus with twin 250's his gas tank may not be very large for much range. I can go on and on. Everybody has a different mission and he just hasn't found the right buyer.

For me that cabin is pushed waaaaaaaaaay too far forward into the bow, especially in relation to the upturn of the keel. By the time that bow starts lifting in a good wave, you'd be testing your cabin glass. Cut the cabin off back at the start of the second window, and you're in the neighborhood. I'd have a hard time convincing myself to ride in it with a tough forecast, much less laying out money to own it.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Just wandering around the web, and look at what $49,500k will buy you elsewhere on the used market right here in Alaska.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Just wandering around the web, and look at what $49,500k will buy you elsewhere on the used market right here in Alaska.
    Very nice boat but it will be a hard sell at that price. The big issue with that boat is the age. No bank around here will finance anything older than 10 years (AKUSA's limits is 7 years). I know, I just bought a 2003 220 Searunner this week and I had to dip into my line of credit even with 75% of the selling price cash in hand already. Nobody was willing to give me a secured loan on anything older than a 2007 (or 2009if you went thru AKUSA). Lots of boats on Craigslist in that 50K price range that are 10+ years old that have been for sale all summer with no takers.

Just looking at the North River, I bet it's even older.
    Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwildman View Post
    Very nice boat but it will be a hard sell at that price. The big issue with that boat is the age. No bank around here will finance anything older than 10 years (AKUSA's limits is 7 years). I know, I just bought a 2003 220 Searunner this week and I had to dip into my line of credit even with 75% of the selling price cash in hand already. Nobody was willing to give me a secured loan on anything older than a 2007 (or 2009if you went thru AKUSA). Lots of boats on Craigslist in that 50K price range that are 10+ years old that have been for sale all summer with no takers.
    I just bought a 2004 boat this year with no issues. They financed 90 percent of survey value or asking price. Whichever was the lesser. It wasn't that hard honestly. That was with alaska usa.

Default Someone explain this, why has it not sold?

Beg to differ. I've seen lots of boats of that age move quickly, especially with newer outboards which can be nearly half the value. Sure there are many on the market right now its fall! I bought a 2004 last year with full financing. The original main was also 2004. 1st national was great to work with. My experience is that a knowledgable local banker knows local value and won't even bother with blue book which way under represents the market up here. Having a marine survey to support actual value speaks volumes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I did call and inquire about the boat. A mechanical shop has had it for a while now. He is holding it for the owners who moved out of state a couple years ago.
    They upped and left and it's been sitting for a few years.
    So that leads one to wonder many things.
    Yes the electronics are junk
    fuel issues for sure
    trailer needs some attention
    it is showing the age as its sitting outdoors for years now
    but the lay out works and it's been updated inside the cabin. Engine package alone is worth half the cost of the boat.
    Have any of you guys seen this boat in person yet?
    im curious and really shouldn't be inquiring about it currently with the Alaskan economy in the toilet.

Default Someone explain this, why has it not sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwildman View Post
    Not true banks will finance any boat. it depends on your type of credit what you have as collateral. And with the Marine appraisal comes back as. I know I financed a 2000 osprey two years ago.!!!

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Pretty sure there some issues with the motor. There are not new! Look at cowlings. Rebuild yes!

Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

I cut to the chase and contacted the person selling the boat. I provided her with a link to this thread. She said the reason it hasn't sold is mainly due to the age of the boat (not condition) and the remote owner wouldn't accept low ball offers. Electronics are 2010. They believe the boat is sold.

Good to know. Thanks for the real time
    Info North2ak. It's s nice boat. Just too old for my taste.

27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

The boat was built before North River purchased Almar and began building ocean boats with their hull design. Although probably allot of boat for the price it just won't have the ride and handling chacteristics of the Almar design in today's North River boats.
    North River and Phantom Boat Dealer
    Mecury, FNM Diesel Engine, Hagglund sales and service
    Prop, Impeller & Alumimum boat repair, customization, & metal fabrication.
    Visit www.akfrontierfab.com

Charterboat Operator

this boat has been a topic of discussion here before, and been for sale for several years. I did have the oportunity to check her out a couple of years ago, when she was parked out in Birchwood. atually made me drool a bit. she has been used, which in my opinion is a good thing, but is indeed in very good shape. shows signs of charter use, probably early in her life. but still well taken care of. never did get to speak with anyone on it, so north2ak has got much more detail.. trailer has had average saltwater use,, things get dirty and rust when they are not bieng used.. i hope whoever buys her brings some grease and pumps the bearings full before they tow her home... sitting is the worse for them than constant pulling.
    someone is going to get a nice lil package when they purchase her, and get to do some improvements as well..

just my .02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast