Thread: Permanent Chimney access ladder

Default Permanent Chimney access ladder

the hassle of dragging out ladders and tying them off to the roof to brush the chimney out, or whatever, to be ( which becomes death defying) the older you get, drove me to fabricate a permanent" access ladder". Pull rope from ground level to pivot aluminum section on to roof. When done( from ground) pull rope to retract aluminum section to verticle ( permanent) spruce pole ladder. Ready on- the - whim![ATTACH=CONFIG]90177
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tanana Valley AK

Nice. Can you explain in more detail how the rope/pulley system works to position/hold the roof ladder in place?
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

IMG_20160821_103630364.jpg the end of aluminum section pivots on top rung ( 1 inch pipe)of vertical ladder from brackets I fabricated. No pulley, just a1/2 inch lag screw/ w eye. You can pivot it without slamming it in either direction because it's aluminum and very easy to control even with one hand . My wife can do it but she won't get on the roof. She say's it's a man's job!! Smart woman.