Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maclaren River Lodge

Default Maclaren River Lodge

Hey I just wanted to give a shout out to the Maclaren lodge!
    A week and a half ago I took my Wife, son and mother to the lodge for a few nights.
    The plan was to try and get my wife her first animal, that being a caribou.
    Well things didn't go as planned. The bike broke down a long ways back. Then my wife hurt her leg. Around 11:00pm I opted to write a friend on the delorme and have him call the lodge for us.
    The folks at the lodge got out of bed to assist! They loaded up a six wheeler and came to our rescue! At one thirty in the morning when we returned the staff was still awake making sure that she had gotten out alright.
    The whole thing was very touching! Of course I lost a rifle that night, but that's replaceable, great people are not!
    Please if you need a place to stay or an awesome meal please stop in and give those fine folks your business. You won't regret it! I can not wait to go back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaska people. Great nod to folks looking out! Alpine creek lodge came out and gave me a ride back one day when I had a flat tire out on a trail as well! Nice to know the Denali hwy has good folks all up and down it!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I love the Maclaren lodge. Stop there every time I go by...agree with Jake-we have some really great folks out there on the Denali.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

So sorry to hear about your misfortune, but not at all surprised to hear the Alan and Susie and their crew at MacLaren came through for you. They run a great operation, and this is not the first time I have heard about them helping folks who run into trouble in the area.

I love the MacLaren Lodge and the folks that run it. They helped us out of a similar bind years ago on my first hunt in the area. Staff is great, food is great and it certainly is nice hunting nearby knowing that if you really need it, you can get gas, get tires fixed, even welding repairs, a hot shower and a room or even a toilet to use instead of the tundra. The food is even better since they renovated their kitchen last year.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    So sorry to hear about your misfortune, but not at all surprised to hear the Alan and Susie and their crew at MacLaren came through for you. They run a great operation, and this is not the first time I have heard about them helping folks who run into trouble in the area.
    Alan came and picked us up that night. Susie called me tonight to make sure I knew my rifle was in cantwell.
    Great people and I can't wait to take my family back!

Ok, I have heard enough good things about the Mclaren Lodge and the Alaskan hospitality. My wife and I will make an effort to stop in there and give them some business. Do they have fuel and can I park a 30' Toy Hauler there and leave from there on an ATV to day hunt?

Do they have pie? I love blueberry and apple pie!

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Ok, I have heard enough good things about the Mclaren Lodge and the Alaskan hospitality. My wife and I will make an effort to stop in there and give them some business. Do they have fuel and can I park a 30' Toy Hauler there and leave from there on an ATV to day hunt?

Do they have pie? I love blueberry and apple pie!
    They've got room, fuel (not sure about Diesel) and boy do they have some good pie!

Stopped by a month ago (first time) and the staff was great, a good way to spend the afternoon - petting the dogs and having a cup of coffee on the deck!

Quote Originally Posted by NuZ7106 View Post
    Stopped by a month ago (first time) and the staff was great, a good way to spend the afternoon - petting the dogs and having a cup of coffee on the deck!
    The staff is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Alaska people. Great nod to folks looking out! Alpine creek lodge came out and gave me a ride back one day when I had a flat tire out on a trail as well! Nice to know the Denali hwy has good folks all up and down it!
    Claude is a stand up guy!! +1 for Alpine Creek

An outstanding place for sure. Didn't know customer service could be so awesome in Alaska. Those in Fairbanks know what I mean.

Alpine Creek and the MacLaren lodges are two excellent places on the Denali. One definitive advantage Claude has is their weather cam works. That's very nice to be able to peak at the weather before heading up.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

MacLaren River Lodge definitely has awesome pies! Every time I hit the Denali I stop there for a meal, and never end the meal without a piece of pie (and maybe a slice for the road too).

Never been to Maclaren, and they sound like great people too, but I just want to add to the chorus praising the Alpine Creek folks. Claude and Jen are great hosts, great company, and they've gone above & beyond for me more than once.
    Jason
    http://www.troutnut.com -- Fly fishing photos & insect hatch encyclopedia.
    http://www.daltoncorridormap.com -- Exact 5-mile Haul Road corridor boundary for GPS & Google Earth

Thanks for the kind words! We enjoy living out here. Allen and Susie at Maclaren River Lodge are great folks and it's excellent to have a great working relationship with them. Sure makes it nice when everyone gets along! Moose season tomorrow! Woo Hoo!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Anyone know the number to the mclaren river lodge? The number listed on their website is "not a working number".

Quote Originally Posted by sambuck12 View Post
    Anyone know the number to the mclaren river lodge? The number listed on their website is "not a working number".
    I have 331-3518
    Tim

In 2001, Alan & Sue's first full winter of operation, I was hauled to their lodge with a bullet in my head as a result of a hunting accident. Their radio phone may have saved my life and eyesight. It certainly made my trip to the hospital more comfortable (although I learned first hand how expensive helicopter evacuations are).

I will forever be in their debt, and I always stop to see them if I pass by.

Quote Originally Posted by RTaylor View Post
    In 2001, Alan & Sue's first full winter of operation, I was hauled to their lodge with a bullet in my head as a result of a hunting accident. Their radio phone may have saved my life and eyesight. It certainly made my trip to the hospital more comfortable (although I learned first hand how expensive helicopter evacuations are).

I will forever be in their debt, and I always stop to see them if I pass by.
    That sounds like it's worth a new thread, in itself. I'm sure it was a traumatic experience, but if you're up to it, let's hear the story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast