Thread: archives for kenai sockeye

Default archives for kenai sockeye

does anybody have a sit link to get archived sockeye run records for the kenai river, I'm trying to decide if I can take the family on the 13-16th, or whether we have to wait till the 29th-31st of july?

Default call ADF&G

If you want 30 years of records call Pat Shields at ADF&G, Soldotna or Dave Westerman and ask for the daily run timing curves for Kenai and Kasilof for the last 30 years. They can send you an excel spreadsheet with the data or a figure.

Relative to your question about the dates the best time is after the 16th in a normal run. However, if the run is poor the late date can be during a closure. It is not anticipated that will happen this year but one never knows. It is too early to tell at this point in the season.

So far the run does not look early from the Kasilof escapement and commercial catches.

Default follow up

The suggested link does not have the mainstem run timing. It only has sport fish projects which is Russian River. You need to go to the ADF&G home page, hit commercial fisheries, and then go to Kenai Peninsula on the map. From this should be a list of data groups - hit run timing for Kenai - you get an average figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
    The suggested link does not have the mainstem run timing. It only has sport fish projects which is Russian River. You need to go to the ADF&G home page, hit commercial fisheries, and then go to Kenai Peninsula on the map. From this should be a list of data groups - hit run timing for Kenai - you get an average figure.
    Huh. I just noticed that too. Why no Kenai sockeye info? I just copied and pasted real quick, didn't notice.

Anyway, here's a link, that the OP requested:
    http://www.cf.adfg.state.ak.us/regio...i/kesdaily.pdf