Thread: Garmin Manuals

Default Garmin Manuals

Still sniffing around for a gps for my project. Do current Garmin units come with a "hard copy" manual or is it on a cd

I bought a 840xs two years ago and a cheaper fish finder one last winter, both came with a paper copy.

Hey Bill C, I am looking at getting the Garmin 840XS. What do you think of it?

I just bought a new garmin a few days ago. It came with a hard copy manual, installation instructions, quick start guide, installation instructions for the transducer, and a few other things. Also a CD. They are also online.

Thanks for the replies, guys. My last unit..not Garmin, came with cd only. Nice for techno challenged people like me to have a hard copy on the boat for quick reference!

Quote Originally Posted by thumper44 View Post
    Hey Bill C, I am looking at getting the Garmin 840XS. What do you think of it?
    I really like it. The GPS is great, I don't think it has ever lost signal. Also I like using the Garmin Helm app on our tablet and smart phones. I hooked it up to an existing (10 year old) thru hull transducer on the boat which works pretty well.