Thread: Kimber 84M Adirondack 308 Win. 18" (Your thoughts/experience/feelings)

Default Kimber 84M Adirondack 308 Win. 18" (Your thoughts/experience/feelings)

Anyone have experience with the ADIRONDACK line of Kimber Rifles.......???

Only interested in experiences with this rifle.......Do "NOT" need a rehash of Kimber's on and off quality control issues.

Thank you

Their catalog has em listed in 338 Federal also but when I tried to order one....nope!

They offer it in 6.5 Creedmoor........which in an 18" tube, has me wondering whom is the intended market........???

Default 7mm-08

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    They offer it in 6.5 Creedmoor........which in an 18" tube, has me wondering whom is the intended market........???
    I bought one in 7mm-08. It is my new mountain rifle. I have been using a Tikka T3 up until this year. I am shooting factory loads, and it is grouping sub MOA @ 100. Hoping to test its effectiveness on game this weekend. I have the break on mine, and while it is terribly loud, there is zero recoil. I may pass it down to my wife next year just due to how light and easy to carry it is. She is also currently shooting a Tikka T3 in .308. Im in Anchorage if youd like to hold one outside of a store
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

Thanks........the 7mm/08 would be my first choice also. But I am going to go with .308 Win. because I have several cases of 7.62X51 ammo. What model Brake are you using.......??? I have gone to using the brake's with the removable and reversible shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlak2fl View Post
    I bought one in 7mm-08. It is my new mountain rifle. I have been using a Tikka T3 up until this year. I am shooting factory loads, and it is grouping sub MOA @ 100. Hoping to test its effectiveness on game this weekend. I have the break on mine, and while it is terribly loud, there is zero recoil. I may pass it down to my wife next year just due to how light and easy to carry it is. She is also currently shooting a Tikka T3 in .308. Im in Anchorage if youd like to hold one outside of a store

I have a 6lb rifle in the .308.i love it and hunt with it. It does kick pretty good with any round from 150-180, but I don't feel it if theres game in the sight. I just sight it in with a sled, and don't plink with it. I have been looking at the Kimber also, I would love to have the Adirondack in 308 and the Mtn Ascent in 300 WSM. Keep us posted on things you like/dislike please.

The 6.5 Creedmore is a great round, but I wonder about a huge loss in velocity I have heard about in 6.5 short barrels.

Here is a link to a barrel cut in increments from 28" down to 16.5" and the results you can expect. Its not too horrible, but the barrel hope can be pretty good.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...barrel-length/

Hop not hope

I am currently sighting one in, I also have the 7mm-08. It is a joy to shot, I am shooting it with out the brake. Groups as advertised.

Thanks.......I sent you a PM with some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by timbercruzr View Post
    I am currently sighting one in, I also have the 7mm-08. It is a joy to shot, I am shooting it with out the brake. Groups as advertised.

I am investigating doing a "Group Buy" of some Kimber Adirondacks, if anyone is interested. There would be nothing in it for me other than getting the same reduced price as everyone in the group buy.

"One Piece" base for the optic on the Adirondack is something that I am looking for.........??? It appears that EGW does NOT offer one.....Sadly....

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    "One Piece" base for the optic on the Adirondack is something that I am looking for.........??? It appears that EGW does NOT offer one.....Sadly....
    DNZ makes a one-piece for the 84M action. I've used them on a couple of rifles and they work pretty well.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Woooops.........looks like EGW does offer what I need......I will call them tomorrow.......http://www.egwguns.com/hd-scope-moun...e-mount-0-moa/

.........Me HAPPY Now..........

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    DNZ makes a one-piece for the 84M action. I've used them on a couple of rifles and they work pretty well.