Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B n J's

Default B n J's

I'm sorry but those guys behind the counter over there drive me nuts.

The Fish Stories I hear everytime i go in there make me want to puke....

Anyone else have a similar experience...?

I think they outta change thier name to B and S's

just kiddin - but I'm serious - I think

I'm going to call on this one. Besides being incredibly helpful and enthusiastic about what they're doing, the guys at B and J's can generally back up their stories. I've gone fishing with them a few times, and they're noticeably more successful than the average fisherman. And they fish non-stop. I've had pretty good luck so far trusting their info.

Default hey good for you

you mean there is actually a point in time where they aren't in the store?

To each his own

they are definately incredibly helpful, enthusiastic, and they sure sound knowledgable - i don't dispute that.

there is only two of them behind the counter that drive me nuts - you get to pick which two...

and they still drive me bonkers

My experience is that they are a good, helpful bunch with some quality local knowledge that they are willing to share. You don't get that at WalMart.

hmmm ... If we're going to start knocking fishermen who like to b.s. and tell fish stories ...

I have to disaggree. They have always given me good info. Same with Mountain View. Sportsmans is ok if you know what you are looking for and where it is. Forget about getting much help from them. I appreciate how BJ's & Mountain View are there to answer questions & give advice. I would rather do business with them because of that.

Default What in the world

Know the store since 1974, never hear a fish story that I didn't like or get into. Don't want to hear pay and go, best not to shop some place you don't like I guess. They have always been good helpful folks.
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
    guess it proves if they gave $50 to every customer some one would complain ???

Not to name names but Tom and Alfonso are very energetic individuals. I only wish I had their energy. They are passionate about what they do and I appreciate their willingness to help. If you were in the same business you would repeat your stories as well and probably forget who you told what. Aside from that they sell alot of good equipment. IMO you couldn't find better service at any of the other stores but that's just my experience.

AkBigHorn nails it. Great guys with a wealth of information. Mt. Veiw guys are right there with them. If you want cheaper gear go to some of the big box stores. If you what some GOOD information go to B&J's, Mt. View, and/or the fly fishing guys over at World Wide. All thoses guys offer more then just a store to buy your gear. They know their trade and offer great information, free of charge...

Default Nuts

I agree with EVERYTHING I read here. They do share a lot of good information AND they drive me NUTS!

They are always my first stop for fishing gear. I always rather spend my money at a locally owned shop than Sportsmans Whorehouse or Wallymart

Yeah, the dude drives me nuts but I hang in there for the info...my Dad actually calls me now and than and to this day still remembers Alfonso "Dude, we took a zodi out of PWS, rocked it dude!" but they do have good information!!!

How do you tell if a fisherman is lying?

His lips are moving...

B & J's has proven to be a great source of quality gear and advice. They have gear that the other stores are unwilling to carry. I will continue to shop there.

I think that the whole crew at B&Js is nuts alright, They are nuts about fishing. I have to say that they are true experts in all the gear that they sell. what really drives me nuts is when you go into the sporting goods dept. at wally world and they know nothing about what they are selling. I was ready to buy 4 new halibut reels at another big box store and I asked them if they would wrap the reels with my line since I buy my line in bulk I had a 2,500yd spool of 120lb tuff line. They told me that it was against store policy to wrap reels with line that was not purchased there. I said well ok fine then I went to B&Js and Fonz was happy to put my line on the reels that I bought there. He also showed me how to make up Halibut leaders, and a lot of valuable information. I ended up spending about $3,000.00 in fishing gear and rigging for my new boat. I buy all my gear at B&Js

Default B n Js

Heck my old lady (wife) has been driving me crazy for over 50 years, but I havn't changed for another.

Default I like getting gear and such from them

plus the info they give me is always 100% effective. But the other day I was in walmart and seen the rod i bought last year at walmart and it was even cheaper this year. $12.88 I went to B&J's today to look around and seen they had the same poles. But for $49.99 Now that there is a no brainer. Can almost have 4 poles to their one. Now I will go there and buy my reels for the poles and line. For the lures and other stuff I use I don't mind paying a little more for it there just for the advice and know I am helping the local guys stay in business. Tom gave me some info today as he was helping 3 other customers at the same time. Yeah some of their stories are out there. But so are some of mine and mine are real. Most people don't believe me either.

Default Buy Local, just don't listen to the BS . . .

I like BJ's because 1) they're local, and 2) they carry more usefull stuff than anyone. Sportsman's Warehouse is great, but if there's a question in my mind about what I need, I go to BJ's. The same goes for Mountain View Sports. The difference being at Mtn View you're going to pay for the nose for whatever you buy (may be just my perception too . . . )

SH

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Hotel View Post
    I like BJ's because 1) they're local, and 2) they carry more usefull stuff than anyone. Sportsman's Warehouse is great, but if there's a question in my mind about what I need, I go to BJ's. The same goes for Mountain View Sports. The difference being at Mtn View you're going to pay for the nose for whatever you buy (may be just my perception too . . . )

SH
    Second that. the owners live in the lower 48. I think Florida. I go there all the time. I like the variety of stuff they carry.. They have treated me well.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by RMoore View Post
    Heck my old lady (wife) has been driving me crazy for over 50 years, but I havn't changed for another.
    Now THAT is funny!! Been with mine for a little over 2 and hope to not change her out!! Sounds like I'm gonna have to make it in there someday and listen to "rockin' zodi" stories! I've seen the shop before but cant remember where they are located!

Northern lights and C. In the same building as KFC, around the corner and downstairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast