Thread: Valdez halibut charter recomendations

Question Valdez halibut charter recomendations

Have four guys looking for a last second halibut charter next Thursday the 25th. Would like to target multiple species. Anyone have any experience on the Nanatuk? Harvester? PMs are welcome. Was just informed the boat I had booked is not an option. Thanks for any info you can share, I know it's late to be looking.
    Thank you,
    Greg

Nanatuk,Harvester,Jamie Lynn,Halibut Grove, Bold Eagle, and Sea Quester all give good service. They fish the same area and the main thing you have to watch out for is the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by captaindd View Post
    Nanatuk,Harvester,Jamie Lynn,Halibut Grove, Bold Eagle, and Sea Quester all give good service. They fish the same area and the main thing you have to watch out for is the weather.
    Anyone gone out on the Bold Eagle recently have any reports?

Default Next

I am looking at the next day, have never chartered before, have 2 others, and we all have enough salmon through dipnetting to not desire silvers. How do we find a charter that will not target silvers if they are the easy catch when they hit. I will not throw them away but, I prefer the 70# of red fillets I have over silver and want halibut or rock fish for my kids that don't like salmon as much.

Call Fish Central in Valdez, they will put you on a charter that does not target Salmon.

rent the whole boat an you control it for the day , SID