Thread: PWS Deer drop off

Default PWS Deer drop off

I am hoping to get a trip planned for some deer hunting but I am having a hard time finding a transporter. I cant seem to find info on Aquetec (Matt Cline) so he must not be in business anymore. Seward air says they are not flying to Montague anymore. I am also looking into Hinchinbrook from Cordova because I have a ton of AK Air miles. Any help or info would be appreciated. What do you guys think? I just want a drop off.

Try transporter out of Whittier. Google "Whittier Charters".

Thanks for the google suggestion.

You can try Seward Maritime, Ken @ 907-419-7035. He's a new transporter that started in Seward this spring and talked about possibly transporting deer hunters out of Whittier this fall.
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted"
    Jose Ortega y Gasset, Meditations on Hunting.

Sweet deal Brule. I will see what he has going on Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by brule View Post
    You can try Seward Maritime, Ken @ 907-419-7035. He's a new transporter that started in Seward this spring and talked about possibly transporting deer hunters out of Whittier this fall.

Matt Cline sold his boats and has a land transport company now. Guess he had enough. Call Lazy Otter in Whittier, while they don't advertise it on there website they do hunter transport. www.lazyotter.com/ I know the owners and they run a top notch outfit and they run year round in the sound.

John
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I figured he might have. I'm sure it isn't an easy business that's for sure. I found Lazy otter but you are correct, I don't think they have the word "hunt" on their website... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    Matt Cline sold his boats and has a land transport company now. Guess he had enough. Call Lazy Otter in Whittier, while they don't advertise it on there website they do hunter transport. www.lazyotter.com/ I know the owners and they run a top notch outfit and they run year round in the sound.

John

air taxi from Cordova

I spoke with a nice lady from Cordova Air service. The rates on what I wanted were affordable, everything was going well until she asked how many were in my party. When I told her just myself she said they don't drop off solo hunters. Back to the drawing board...

Quote Originally Posted by AKteach View Post
    air taxi from Cordova

Maybe ask super nice and promise to bring a sat phone?

Ya for sure. Maybe I should have just said party of two and brought my dog..

Quote Originally Posted by Meanderthal View Post
    Maybe ask super nice and promise to bring a sat phone?

Also duke at eshamy bay lodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

There are actually places on the Cordova road system you can find deer. Heney Range for one. Up above the ski hill for another.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Right on twodux, I was actually thinking about Kodiak more and more since PWS isn't going the way I had hoped. I am hoping the wife can make some calls today and see what someone will charge to drop me off somewhere. You seem to know an awful lot about the place, any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by twodux View Post
    There are actually places on the Cordova road system you can find deer. Heney Range for one. Up above the ski hill for another.

+1 for Lazy Otter, good guys, but it is spendy running out to Knight or Montague for one person. They do some ride sharing which might be able to cut costs if your schedule is flexible and he's got other small groups booked. This time of year the deer are usually holding up high so be prepared for some hiking.

whats the time frame you are wanting to go out in the sound ?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    Right on twodux, I was actually thinking about Kodiak more and more since PWS isn't going the way I had hoped. I am hoping the wife can make some calls today and see what someone will charge to drop me off somewhere. You seem to know an awful lot about the place, any tips?
    I wouldn't recommend the mainland for hunting deer around Cordova. Just because there might be a few there doesn't mean they'll be worth chasing or dedicating a hunt to. Surrounding islands is the place to be and maybe putting some feelers out there to find someone to go along with you that way you can still take a flight out to where you want to go.

Natron Air out of Soldotna does Montague drop offs I think.