Thread: Alaska Argo channel tracks reviews

Default Alaska Argo channel tracks reviews

I am looking at getting some tracks for my Argo 8 wheel hdi. I have looked at Adair and understand some of those don't need spacers and some tracks need track tuners. I am looking for reviews of the Channel tracks made in Wasilla since thier local. Specifically Durability, Usability, Swimability. Comparisons to Adair tracks?
    Thank you,
    J

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I didnt personally like the design of them. I would go with Adair tracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks gokorn1. Any more opinions/ reviews before I pull the trigger?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A guy that has a cabin out here had a friend that had the Channel tracks. And he said they ruined his axles on his
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

And they were the local channel tracks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes they were
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Check out the website 6x6world. I am new to Argos and was asking the same kinds of questions. Lots of good experienced people over there that can help you out. Bottom line is you have to match the correct track to the type of terrain you will be driving in. Most are using the Argo 18" rubber track or the Adair track. Go over there and read up....that's what I did and learned a lot. They can answer all of your questions!

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

track advice should be taken with a grain of salt. Not everyone gets accurate information and some confuse track types. I've never heard anything but glowing reviews on the channel grouser tracks.

I have couple friends with argos and they tried out the tracks from the guy in Wasilla and they absolutely love them.

Last year I bought a set of the channel style tracks from the gentleman in Wasilla that it making them. Very nice and helpful guy. I had a set of the wide Argo rubber tracks on it before I tried out the channel tracks. The flotation is similar between both tracks. The channel/grouse me style tracks are more aggressive and provide better hook up going on hard slick surfaces, going over trees, crawling up and out of creek banks etc. I did have to replace 4 axles with the newer HD axles but that could have been due to the extra long trail we took moose hunting and heavy load we packed on the way home. I don't think the tracks hurt the axles rather it was operator stupidity. I would recommend upgrading to those HD axles. It was a pain but well worth it. All in all I sold my rubber tracks and am sold on the grouser style tracks.

Also they do swim better than the rubber Argo tracks but an Argo doesn't swim well unless it has a motor on it. I did install the track tuners as well and they seemed to be worth it for what's it worth.

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    I didnt personally like the design of them. I would go with Adair tracks

gokorn1, have you actually owned a machine with channel tracks? Also, have you actually owned a machine with adair tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    gokorn1, have you actually owned a machine with channel tracks? Also, have you actually owned a machine with adair tracks?
    Buzz I have not, however I've spent alot of time on friends Adair tracks and a couple trips in the channel tracks. So i do have some experience in both.

gokorn1
    what specifically did you like or dislike about either style for use in Alaska and what machines were the tracks on? In what conditions were the machines used? If it's a machine with channel tracks, I probably know them.

I dont have channel tracks but I do have the 18inch rubber tracks on my 8X8 frontier. My older 6X6 big foot had the hard plastic tracks. For the rubber tracks Ive used them for 90% of my using. They float over the nastiest muskeg while carrying a full moose 2 guys and camping gear
    (they only sank in 2-3 inches) . The only thing they dont do is swim. In the snow I use my argo to pull 40 ft trees for firewood with no issues unless its rotten snow. I dont have track tuners but you do need spacers and the machine does take more to turn in sticky mud.