Thread: Kayak Fishing Kachemak Bay Seminar Sept 17th in Homer

Default Kayak Fishing Kachemak Bay Seminar Sept 17th in Homer

I have been asked by the Kachemak Bay Water Trail Committee and the "Friends of Kachemak Bay State Park" to do a seminar on Kayak fishing Kachemak Bay. It's a fund raiser for them so a small donation will be requested.

When: Saturday September 17th. 6pm to 9pm.
    Where: Lands End Hotel

On Sunday we will follow it up with some fishing if the weather allows.

It will mainly be about salmon, but we will cover halibut and the other species like pollock as well. I also think it might be useful for those with smaller powerboats since the discussion will be mainly about fishing right around the Homer spit area.

I will post more details as I get them!

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Rudy------ it is so amazing that you are getting so many folks involved in kayak fishing up there. Keep up the good work of spreading the word. You got this bro.....
    Hope you get a great turnout. And then go catch some fish. Or take Ryu and let him show you how it's done.

Thumbs up

Is there a fundraising goal for this event, or good standard amount that can be identified? Thanks for doing this Rudy looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by timinhomer View Post
    Is there a fundraising goal for this event, or good standard amount that can be identified? Thanks for doing this Rudy looking forward to it!
    They are finalizing the brochures now. But I left it completely up to the committee to decide. I will be volunteering all my time and expenses for this event to help the cause! Stop on by!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Collett View Post
    Rudy------ it is so amazing that you are getting so many folks involved in kayak fishing up there. Keep up the good work of spreading the word. You got this bro.....
    Hope you get a great turnout. And then go catch some fish. Or take Ryu and let him show you how it's done.
    Thanks Mark! You get a lot of the credit for getting me started i this!!!

On Sunday, there will be a Hobie Outback and a Hobie Pro Angler 14 available for demo. There's a good chance there will also be a Hobie Tandem Island to look at as well! Getting better and better. Let's hope for good weather but the back up plan is to launch the demo kayaks in the small boat harbor! We got permission if the weather is bad from the Harbor Master! Great chance to test drive a hobie if you have ever been interested! Come check it out!

I'll be there + 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk