Thread: Kenai Municipal Float Plane Base

Default Kenai Municipal Float Plane Base

Anybody know what is the best way to get from the Float Plane Area over to the terminal or where to tell taxi to pick me up. The taxi guys are somewhat unreliable.

Thx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8,268 feet from the float basin to the terminal along the streets.
    I'd just tell the taxi to pick you up at the float plane basin. 283-6000

The Kenai float plane facility offers 25 long-term tiedown slips, 10 itinerant slips, accommodating aircraft with up to a 48-foot wing span in private slips and a 65-foot wing span in commercial slips.

The landing and takeoff water runway is 4,653 feet long and 250 feet wide. There is vehicle access to the facility via Float Plane Road off First Street.

Pay telephones and restrooms can be found at the registration building at the south end of the parking lot and taxi waterway along with a transition ramp and paved apron for those who wish to seasonally convert their aircraft from floats to ski's or wheels. Upon arrival, visiting pilots must register their aircraft in the registration building.

• Fuel and minor aircraft repair and maintenance services are also available at the airport.
    • For additional information about airport facilities, call the airport manager at 907-283-7951.
    • There is a $5.00 per day charge for parking.
    • Envelopes and deposit slot for payment are provided in the registration building.

Water Lane for Seaplanes

• Heading 01W-19W 3500'x150'

Usually my wife and I want to eat lunch over at the Kenai terminal building. The airport maint / security guys will sometimes give us a ride across the ramp. The man-size gate next to the dumpster is how you go in and out on the cafe end of the terminal building. That gate is not a far walk to the Acapulco restaurant in Kenai. They have pretty good Tex-Mex and GREAT burgers.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Ran down Saturday and spent the night. The float plane facility is simply there for necessity. There is not a single person around. For the first time ever the self service fuel pump worked as advertised. The pump is not serviced by Crowley but the City of Kenai. I walked to the terminal to pick up rental car, not a bad walk probably 20 minutes. I did try the taxi service but 1 hour before they would come and needed a physical address. No problem finding a slip to park, 2 airplanes total in the parking area.

I almost forgot, Silver Fishing was great.