Thread: 15A is not open for moose YET

Default 15A is not open for moose YET

A friend saw folks out hunting on the Escape Route last night. Troopers were notified. Not open for archery till the 22nd. Some people don't read the regs. It hasn't been open on the 10th for a couple of years now.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

How does your friend know they were hunting? If I'm in camo and walking around the woods with a bow, would your friend call me in to the troopers? For what? Walking around with a bow?
    An unarmed man is subject, an armed man is a citizen.

Grouse, ptarmigan, hare are all open. Great to get some small game hunting in before big game season, break in some boots, try a new rest/sight, just get some exercise in before the big hikes get here.

Moose season in 15A opened Aug 10 for fed subsistence….IF they're on federal land. That includes 15 cows.

I love stories that start out with "A friend saw..."

Forum 101: Ambiguity? Check. Anonymity? Mostly. Hearsay? Got it. Alright, let's post!

Quote Originally Posted by kbskinny11 View Post
    I love stories that start out with "A friend saw..."
    I'm sure we're all real happy for ya....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

This kind of doesn't sit right with me. What happened to hunters helping each other. I am the first to call people out on violations but this could of been a simple mistake or one of the other reasons pointed out. How about this when they were seen, stop and say " hey fellows not sure if you know or not but the seasons changed" and then maybe you friend could of known the truth or at the least helped a fellow hunter out of a possible jam. We all make mistakes. Hell I almost went out on the 10th. I'm working on the peninsula and haven't lived down there in a while so don't keep up on the regs there.