Thread: How dare those ########

Last edited by kingfisherktn; 08-10-2016 at 11:15. Reason: Softening the headline.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Crappy move on their part but at least the substitute was a game meat and not just a cut of Beef from Fred Meyer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen6bt View Post
    Crappy move on their part but at least the substitute was a game meat and not just a cut of Beef from Fred Meyer.....
    Doubt they would have gotten away with that for very long at all....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Ever look at the ingredients on one of those packages of 'reindeer sausage' in the grocery stores? They are like 90% pork and beef.

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Doubt they would have gotten away with that for very long at all....
    It worked for three years

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen6bt View Post
    Crappy move on their part but at least the substitute was a game meat
    Farm raised in New Zealand.

Now they claim to be selling "red deer tenderloin", which again is probably farm raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock knocker View Post

Now they claim to be selling "red deer tenderloin", which again is probably farm raised.
    I believe he was referring to the previous post about using beef from Fred Meyer not working.

And yes, it would be most likely be farm raised since it is pretty much illegal to sell wild game meat in Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock knocker View Post

I'm pretty sure all meat sold at restaurants is farm raised, its game meat because its deer not cow. I like the pump house, but they just dropped a couple spots on my list, I want to know what I'm eating.

Quote Originally Posted by AKducks View Post
    I like the pump house, but they just dropped a couple spots on my list, I want to know what I'm eating.
    Exactly......

Now I may have to go there, now that they have elk tenderloin. But why such a large fine? this outrageous! and uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by isnarewolves View Post
    Now I may have to go there, now that they have elk tenderloin. But why such a large fine? this outrageous! and uncalled for.
    What I heard is that by advertising a non Alaskan product as an Alaskan product they were given an unfair advantage over the competition. That being said I do agree the fine seems a little high.

Quote Originally Posted by isnarewolves View Post
    They have been lying about the food they are selling to consumers for years. Things like this can be very serious if you happen to feed it to someone who has medical reason to avoid certain foods such as allergies. Yes, there are people who are allergic to Elk meat, although it is probably just a very small number of people. The food safety regulations hinge around knowing what the food is. When they mislead or just outright lie about it as they did in this case for years, the food safety protocols are worthless. In my opinion, the fine seems about right if not on the low side. If it were an isolated incident, maybe a smaller fine would be appropriate, but this was a systematic and intentional issue going on for years (based on the reports to this point).

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    They have been lying about the food they are selling to consumers for years. Things like this can be very serious if you happen to feed it to someone who has medical reason to avoid certain foods such as allergies. Yes, there are people who are allergic to Elk meat, although it is probably just a very small number of people. The food safety regulations hinge around knowing what the food is. When they mislead or just outright lie about it as they did in this case for years, the food safety protocols are worthless. In my opinion, the fine seems about right if not on the low side. If it were an isolated incident, maybe a smaller fine would be appropriate, but this was a systematic and intentional issue going on for years (based on the reports to this point).
    It is a civil issue to start with. In this case if a person was harmed by eating elk that they were allergic to. It is a civil action. D.E.C. labeling is full of inconsistences. I see "Buffalo meat/sausage" for sale. it is not buffalo it is bison.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    They have been lying about the food they are selling to consumers for years...
    Yup. 15 -20 years ago they had "caribou stew" on the menu too, which was REALLY good, but I never held any illusion that it was really caribou. I believe they got dinged for that too. I think the owners history speaks for itself in regards to scruples.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by highestview View Post
    How dare those ########
    It's not by happenstance that the bar is named in honor of a charter member of the Corrupt *******s Club.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist