Thread: Generation (4) Four GLOCKS and NON- "SF" grip....is it history....???

Default Generation (4) Four GLOCKS and NON- "SF" grip....is it history....???

So when they moved to gen4 are all the G-20 grip frames now "SF".........???

Since you are posting on the
    "INTERNET", I would presume you could check out "GLOCKS" ....Website..For an ANSWER... to your QUESTION.....just a thought.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Maybe we could just eliminate the entire Alaska Outdoors Forum.........along that line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    Since you are posting on the
    "INTERNET", I would presume you could check out "GLOCKS" ....Website..For an ANSWER... to your QUESTION.....just a thought.

So what you are saying,as I read it, is you want someone else to look it up on the Glock website for you. Because you won't do it yourself. Too much trouble.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

You can believe whatever you like, I have not control over what you "CHOOSE" to believe, and I don't care what you choose to believe. What I believe is that there are people who frequent this forum who's knowledge about 10mm Glocks is massive, comprehensive, and accurate. To name just one such forum member......Akroustabout. I trust the opinions of my fellow Alaska Outdoors Forum Members, over some random internet information. In point'of Fact, I would trust Akroustabouts knowledge on Glock 10mm firearms over that of a Glock Factory Representative.

So what you are saying,as I read it, is you want someone else to look it up on the Glock website for you. Because you won't do it yourself. Too much trouble.

So, I notice the Glock website allows you to do a side by side comparison of different models...such as the G20 SF and the G20 GEN4....
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    You can believe whatever you like, I have not control over what you "CHOOSE" to believe, and I don't care what you choose to believe. What I believe is that there are people who frequent this forum who's knowledge about 10mm Glocks is massive, comprehensive, and accurate. To name just one such forum member......Akroustabout. I trust the opinions of my fellow Alaska Outdoors Forum Members, over some random internet information. In point'of Fact, I would trust Akroustabouts knowledge on Glock 10mm firearms over that of a Glock Factory Representative.
    Now that's a hoot. The factory website is "random" information on the internet, but Joe "AKROUSTABOUT" on the same internet is the all knowing authority. Talk about what folks "CHOOSE" to believe........Plus, I never recommended you seek a factory rep. Just check out the Glock website.......But then, I've only been to 4 or 5 Glock factory armorers courses over the years. Kinda lost count.

Could be that you are taking the wrong "Little BLUE Pill"........................

The Glock 20 has the advantage of not having a manual safety, thus eliminating the need to consciously think about deactivating such a device during a deadly encounter. This is the ultimate point and shoot pistol. With 50% fewer components than conventional handguns of the same caliber, it means there are fewer parts to break, and you can literally disassemble and then reassemble the gun within seconds.

The frame is made out of a synthetic polymer that is actually stronger than steel, yet 86% lighter and virtually indestructible. It can withstand temperatures ranging from -40 F to +158 F and still continue firing. An integral accessory rail provides the added benefit of quickly attaching lasers and / or lights for low visibility applications. The ergonomic grip angle is designed to allow the shooter to rapidly deploy the pistol under stress fire conditions.

This series is referred to as "Gen4" and has several noticeable upgrades over its Gen3 predecessors.
    A slightly smaller frame circumference, combined with interchangeable backstraps have been engineered to accommodate a variety of hand sizes.

http://www.championfirearms.com/Gloc...pg2050203d.htm

ALL Gen 4's have a slightly smaller frame circumference compared to their Gen 3 counterparts.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thank You............

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    ALL Gen 4's have a slightly smaller frame circumference compared to their Gen 3 counterparts.

The frame is made out of a synthetic polymer that is actually stronger than steel, yet 86% lighter and virtually indestructible. It can withstand temperatures ranging from -40 F to +158 F and still continue firing.
    So correct me if I'm wrong. Alaska can get to -70 and Iraq this summer 129. So in 20 years that polymer will hold up to earth's temperature extremes.

one day closer to alaska.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Poor AGL. The internet information age is too overwhelming for him. Someone should teach him how to use a search engine.

Poor AGL. The internet information age is too overwhelming for him. Someone should teach him how to use a search engine.
    Sometimes, and AGL correct me if I'm wrong, he poses questions on threads he feels will make a decent discussion and be informative for all, even though he already knows the answer.

Not a bad thing..

I own a gen 4 and looked at this thread for an answer, when I had never even contemplated the question.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Yes........That is True.

Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    Sometimes, and AGL correct me if I'm wrong, he poses questions on threads he feels will make a decent discussion and be informative for all, even though he already knows the answer.

For someone WHO appears to LIVE on the interwebs you WOULD.... think he'd HAVE it??????? FIGURED out by now RIGHT???!!!!!!.....

Can we all agree the SF frame is an improvement?

If they would get rid of the finger grooves and alter the grip to be more like the Browning Hi Power or a 1911 and get a better trigger they would have a more user friendly pistol.

I also want a 5" Model 41 slide on a single stack .45 with a 9 round magazine an an optional thumb safety. Put a good barrel in it for cast bullets and a good 4 lb. trigger. Heck, offer it in 10 mm too!

They offer that through KIMBER Eclipse II (Semi-Competitor).......

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    I also want a 5" Model 41 slide on a single stack .45 with a 9 round magazine an an optional thumb safety. Put a good barrel in it for cast bullets and a good 4 lb. trigger. Heck, offer it in 10 mm too!

I know I shouldn't encourage this but I almost wet myself when I saw that Midol box. Sorry, but I'm still laughing. Keep up the spirited discussions.

I don't like the gen4. I have big paws and the original fit me well. I don't like snap on parts and find the interchangeable grips a little hokey. However don't take what I say to the bank as a person with smaller hands needs a gun that fits too.
    I bought one of the first Glock 22s in 40 S&W when they were introduced and loved it. A couple of years ago Ken at Freedom Firearms gave me a FNH-40 to play with. It is the one minus a safety. I could shoot it well from the get-go. Though I will always sing praises for Glocks mine is in the safe and the FNH is on my side.
    I hope that it doesn't appear that I am trying to steal thunder from Glock but the FNH is its equal in a platform that feels more like a High-power or 1911 than it does a Glock. A Hogue Handball grip makes it perfect for me.

I read in a gun rag some time back that a servey amongst match shooters indicated that most favored finger grooves on their handguns. The market will follow what sells so I think finger grooves are here to stay.