Thread: Kenai Peninsula small stream silvers

Default Kenai Peninsula small stream silvers

They should be coming in good this week. I caught this one last week on the Ninilchik.

Ninilchik and Deep Creek were quite good over the weekend thru Monday IMG_0355.jpgIMG_0358.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those look great, love big silvers in a small river.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

They have just started coming in the Anchor River too.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

How is it in Sept? I spend every Sept on the Kenai relaxing, have hit the smaller tribs down the road for steelies but haven't seen any silvers.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

While I have not been down that way fishing in the small streams when I did there were always silvers mixed in the the steelies... Sept 1 is usually no bait... I
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sea lice and blue backs, got our asses kicked several times lots of fun

Guys, I've got my 65 year old dad up here for the first time. Can't find a fish anywhere. I don't care pink, silver, red or purple! Anybody run into any fish? Just left Eagle rock on the Kenai, totally dead, a lot of people.
    Any tips?
    Mike

Default Kenai Peninsula small stream silvers

Quote Originally Posted by Htrain View Post
    Guys, I've got my 65 year old dad up here for the first time. Can't find a fish anywhere. I don't care pink, silver, red or purple! Anybody run into any fish? Just left Eagle rock on the Kenai, totally dead, a lot of people.
    Any tips?
    Mike
    Anchor was the only river I hit that had silvers coming in and that was Tuesday. I'm stunned they haven't EO'd everything.

Htrain, unless you are dead set on salmon, pm me and I can give you some direction as to a great day or three for pike an hour north of Anchorage

The Anchor was pretty dead on Sunday except for the people. There were lots of people fishing.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Especially Johnnycake. I may take you up on that. For the next 3 days we are on the KP, Friday is a play day until we catch the early Sat flight home. I may take you up on the offer.
    We ended up moving upstream access point by access point until we found a pod of fish. Caught about a dozen or so pinks, saw one silver caught & we lost one Silver. Wasn't what we came up for, but was a good way to feel the tug, and beat the hell out of work...