Thread: west turner lake

Cool west turner lake

Taking my 25' jetboat up to turner lake trailhead in taku inlet south of Juneau and hiking to the cabin to spend a couple nights. Anybody here done that? I heard you need a high tide to get to the trailhead. Just wondering if you need a full high tide to get in there.

Default Turner Lake

I stayed at the West Cabin last year, and will be staying there later this week. However, I flew in on float plane. I have talked to people that have taken kayaks in, and they said the water gets very muddy and silty the closer you get--almost to the point that it difficult to get through. In regards to the high tide, sorry...can't help you there.

We are flying in next Friday. When are you going? By the way, watch out for bears. Hiking in you will more than likely see signs of bears.

Red face didnt make it

awnsered my own question even at high tide i couldnt get my 25' wooldrige in there. I barely got turned around without getting stuck. It got so shallow I was pretty much riding my own wake trying to get back out. I think you could do it with a jetskiff though.