Thread: Inaccurate Leica 1600-B

Default Inaccurate Leica 1600-B

I have a Leica 1600-B that is not calibrated correctly. Was at the range today again, at the 200 target I ranged 183 yds. At 500 yds it read 459 yds. At the 1000 yd target it read 939 if I remember correctly. Anyone had a similar experience? How can this be corrected, or can it be corrected? I became suspicious when I shot with a friend and we both ranged the same target and came up with very different readings. I purchased it new several years ago so I am the only owner.
    Thanks, Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tjames View Post
    I have a Leica 1600-B that is not calibrated correctly. Was at the range today again, at the 200 target I ranged 183 yds. At 500 yds it read 459 yds. At the 1000 yd target it read 939 if I remember correctly. Anyone had a similar experience? How can this be corrected, or can it be corrected? I became suspicious when I shot with a friend and we both ranged the same target and came up with very different readings. I purchased it new several years ago so I am the only owner.
    Thanks, Tom
    Have never owned a Leica 1600-B, but consider this:
    200 yards = 182.88 meters
    500 yards = 457.2 meters
    1000 yards = 914.4 meters

edit: and upon googling the 1600b, I see it says it's switchable between meters and yards, so.....
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Check your units. Definitely looking like you are ranging meters (assuming the baselines of your rifle range are accurate).