Thread: Pay attention to the spike moose regs in unit 7 and 15

Default Pay attention to the spike moose regs in unit 7 and 15

With the new regulation this year about the spike fork regs changing to not count a point within one inch of the base and under three inches long I thought this was for everywhere, however going over the regs this afternoon I was reading closer and it does not apply to unit 7 or 15. In those units only a true spike counts and the browtine in these units would be counted as another point making it a fork.
    So if your hunting unit 7 or 15 don't disregard a 1" browtine. Like you can in other units if it's within one inch of the base.
    I'm sure others have caught this but I didn't until this afternoon and I study the regs regularly.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Dang it you're right. Good catch on that as I was thinking how it may expand the options a bit this fall.
    The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

Hey thanks buddy.... Not to sidetrack, but did you happen to see the unit that ram came out of on page 87? Really nice ram too...!!!

Makes me wonder if it was anywhere near where you went awhile back....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Hey thanks buddy.... Not to sidetrack, but did you happen to see the unit that ram came out of on page 87? Really nice ram too...!!!

Makes me wonder if it was anywhere near where you went awhile back....
    Oh I've seen that one, looks a bit more rugged than where I was at but it could have been South of there a few miles as the crow flies. I'd like to go back in there sometime but think I'll be headed farther North next year. Got some other things going this year so won't be able to fly in anywhere and with two youngens it's hard to get away on a hike in with a working wife.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk