Thread: Ferry across the delta...looking for contact info!!!

Default Ferry across the delta...looking for contact info!!!

Hello-

Im looking for someone that knows of the person or people that ferry atvs across the delta River near the delta junction area. Just looking for anyone's names or phone numbers to contact them. If you have any info that would be great. Thanks

I'm still looking for and Info. If you have any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

I'm pretty plugged in to the hunting community up here and I'm not aware of anyone currently offering ferry services across the river.

A few years ago a guy was running folks across on a buggy, but I haven't seen him doing that in 2-3 seasons now.

Best of luck on your hunt.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

I hunted that area several years ago. Some guys would put wheelers onto a jet boat and shuttle them across one at a time. They'd just leave the boat on the far shoreline. If you have access to a jet, might be an option.

With last nights rain on top of existing water levels, it may be a difficult crossing. You may want to consider that the military has been shelling the impact area extensively in the past few days/weeks.

We hunted the west side of the Delta north of Rainbow Ridge a couple weeks ago. My partner and I crossed with packrafts but when we were coming back saw a huge vehicle (old army rig?) crossing the river. Not sure if they were with the pipeline or if it was a commercial operation but looked like tourists were on board. Tried to search google to see if I could figure out who they were but nothing turned up. Might be worth calling the pipeline recreational permitting line and asking about it?

Mining operation!

Mining operation would make sense. Forgive me for not understanding...but what does the military base "shelling the impact area" mean? Thanks for the advice. Just trying to put my wife's moose tag to good use. And all of the outfitters I've found are booked solid as of a few months ago so flying in is a no go.

Artillary and bombing practice is ongoing West of Delta and Fort Greely.....not a good place to be.