Thread: DG362 Sadie Cove info on Upper Hazel Lake

Default DG362 Sadie Cove info on Upper Hazel Lake

We have our flight booked. Just looking for a little info on the upper Hazel lake area. Anyone who has been there, the braids of water in the upper part, how deep are they? Will hip boots work or should we bring waders? This is not a long hike in or we would not bring either, but with access we will bring one or the other. Also any other pointers would be great. PM me if you would not like any info public, but any info would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by coop22250 View Post
    We have our flight booked. Just looking for a little info on the upper Hazel lake area. Anyone who has been there, the braids of water in the upper part, how deep are they? Will hip boots work or should we bring waders? This is not a long hike in or we would not bring either, but with access we will bring one or the other. Also any other pointers would be great. PM me if you would not like any info public, but any info would be great.
    I crossed the braids in xtra tuffs, but I recommend bringing waders. The water would raise quickly with the rain and I had to really pick my spots at times. Lots of good drinking water up there

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Great, thank you for the info!

If you are planning to bring waders I'd suggest getting the neo over boot they are light I think just over a pound and can be taken on and off and rolled up and put on your pack. That way your not carrying the extra weight of waders. I got mine at barneys but don't know if they sell them there anymore or not. I have several years and lots of miles on mine and they're still holding up pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ok will look at those, thanks