Thread: Perry island oysters

Default Perry island oysters

I have seen a lot of talk in the past of the perry island oyster farm and I may not be using the correct search words but I am coming up blank on any recent reports on if they are operating or not this year. I'll be headed out this next weekend and would like to stop in and get a few doz if they're selling.
    How do I get a hold of them?
    I know theyre on perry island but where exactly?
    Is it a cash only operation will they take a check or card and what are the current prices?
    Any other info I need to know? I'll be coming by them on a monday.
    Thanks

It was called Royal Wave oyster farm. Not sure if it is still running as the caretakers moved on in 2014. I would like to know if it is running again, myself. They are located on the south side of Perry Island. They used to say to hail them on channel 16 and they would meet you at the dock. But all of this info is from the previous caretakers. Hopefully someone else has a more current update.
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

look """" Oysters PWS """"" lots of info as of last report they were still alive an well SID

Brochure hanging in harbor master's office says they have been open and welcome customers. However, multiple trips we tried hailing them to purchase but had no luck getting a reply.
    Good luck, I wish they would figure it out as they are the best darn oysters and I would like more!
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    look """" Oysters PWS """"" lots of info as of last report they were still alive an well SID
    Guess I overlooked the "one" thread from 2016

Their Facebook hasn't updated since April. Last two times we tried hailing no answer--stopped in once and no one was around. Try hailing Royal Wave, but avoid too much disappointment if you don't get a response. If you do, please give an update.
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

I've tried to call them several times on VHF with no answer. One guy I heard got through and they said they weren't selling.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    Their Facebook hasn't updated since April. Last two times we tried hailing no answer--stopped in once and no one was around. Try hailing Royal Wave, but avoid too much disappointment if you don't get a response. If you do, please give an update.

Stopped I'm there this May after a bear hunt. A friendly guy from Louisiana came out and sold us several dozen. He hailed us as we came into the cove. Anyway, they were open for business in May.

Due to warmer waters and rising algae levels all the farms in k-bay are on "batch testing" protocol. A sample of every harvest has to be tested for toxins prior to being sold. Pretty sure this is statewide. So no dock sales, at least in k-bay.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/