Thread: YM603 ATV and/or boat access?

Question YM603 ATV and/or boat access?

My daughter drew a cow moose tag for the YM603 Youth Hunt along the West Fork of the Tolovana River, near Livengood. It opens today through 8/14/2016.

We have a Polaris RZR and an 13' Alaska Jet Ranger inflatable with 25hp jet outboard. Would either of these be useful for this hunt?

According to our 64K My-Topo map, there's a "tractor trail" that follows alongside the river, upstream from the Elliott Highway. But, according to our Alaska Atlas & Gazetteer, this is a "Winter Trail". Is this an ATV-compatible trail? Or just for snow-machines, when the river is frozen? Are there other ATV trails in the area that do not appear on maps?

Is the West Fork of the Tolovana River navigable with our small jet-boat? It doesn't require much water to operate, but, I don't want to have to pull it over a fallen tree every hundred yards, either.

Thanx for any info that you can provide, and good luck to all of the other Youth Hunters out there!
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Up to 200 viewers, now, without a single reply! They only issued 4 youth tags and only 7 adult tags for later this season.

I'll be sure to post what we find up there, after we get back. But, it sure would be nice to find out a few things before we go.

Can't figure out why so many folks are reading, but, not info-sharing. Thought that's what these forums were all about?

Thanx again, Dave.
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

I read this, but don't know anything about that area. Good Luck.

You must be up there now. Hope you find some access. Doubt a canoe of any type would be much help in those small creeks/river. Wheeler along the pipeline might work.
    My kid has YM621 and we have spent 3 days so far with no luck. Hope to get one good try this weekend. Good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BluNosDav View Post
    Up to 200 viewers, now, without a single reply! They only issued 4 youth tags and only 7 adult tags for later this season.

I'll be sure to post what we find up there, after we get back. But, it sure would be nice to find out a few things before we go.

Can't figure out why so many folks are reading, but, not info-sharing. Thought that's what these forums were all about?

Thanx again, Dave.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!