Thread: Feds Again....

Default Feds Again....

My favorite is, "It states hunter demands for more animals moose, deer or caribou no longer justify predator control on refuge lands. Rather, any control needs to meet refuge purposes and be based on "sound science in response to a conservation concern.""

Even though they based their Unit 23 ruling, and more recently their Kenai River gillnet ruling, on only one groups wants and completely without, or directly opposed to "sound science".

http://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2016/...laska-refuges/
    The more you talk, the more I wish I was deaf.

"Sound science" is the study of acoustics. has nothing to due with wildlife management.

Quote Originally Posted by isnarewolves View Post
    "Sound science" is the study of acoustics. has nothing to due with wildlife management.
    Yes yes, very witty.

And so it becomes federally entrenched.

What you are seeing is the new plan to end hunting as a valid wildlife management tool.

This new "compassionate" wildlife management model is likely the largest and deepest threat to the bond between humans and nature being promoted today.
    To these "scientists" and supporters an ideal "natural" system exhibits a complete absence of human interaction and influence.
    The only time human caused mortality is to be allowed is when certain "Scientists" determine it to be a last straw approach to solve a "problem". There is to be NO killing of predators, No hunting of mature prey species, NO habitat "enhancement.... that's not "Natural".....

I hope you will learn just how invasive this beast is....

Quote Originally Posted by Ben XCR View Post
    "It states hunter demands for more animals moose, deer or caribou no longer justify predator control on refuge lands..."
    ...As if it ever did.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
    To these "scientists" and supporters an ideal "natural" system exhibits a complete absence of human interaction and influence.
    More self loathing from the radical "environmentalism" movement.

Rep points sent to walking buffalo for his concise analysis!
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Just no baiting brownies,trapping blacks and hunting wolves durning denning.You can still fair chase
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Just no baiting brownies,trapping blacks and hunting wolves durning denning.You can still fair chase
    That is very true Will. I think more to the point though is that this is another federal over reach that goes against the original ANILCA agreement from way back (1980?). It's another 77 million acres of land that the federal government has taken over management of, instead of managing it in conjunction with the state as per the original agreement. And the fact that they continually sound off about "sound science" and such, but continue to make rulings either contrary to said science, or without it completely. It's another knee jerk reaction to appease the few of certain interest groups when the many can, possibly will, suffer for it.

This lady says it better than I can.

http://mustreadalaska.com/fish-and-w...million-acres/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben XCR View Post
    This lady says it better than I can.

http://mustreadalaska.com/fish-and-w...million-acres/
    What an excellent article.

It never ceases to amaze me how the Federal Gov. is continually placing themselves above the law. It's getting so ridiculous now that I have to wonder how much more of the BS the people will stand for? Why does it seem so hard for us to keep these (Federal) kinds of people from getting into these positions of power? I mean, what's it going to take to stop this nonsense that just seems to be ongoing at this point?

I've always believed that the Feds would just as soon lock up the whole state and turn it into one big park. It looks like it sure is leaning that direction now.

What a crock....

But by all means Gov. Walker.....don't piss off the Feds...!!! This guy sure is turning out to be a real tool. Jay Hammod must be rolling over in his grave a few times by now.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what part of ANILCA they're allegedly in conflict with. Anyone?
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

This federal land grab is also going on in the Mojave Desert, eastern Oregon, northwest Nevada, northeast California, southern California, etc...

the way i see the big picture is this:

The state has and will continue to manage wildlife as an economic value. Alaska has always had a sturdy predator control mentality and the state policies are congruent with that approach.

The feds are managing their refuges with stated public mission goals to uphold the natural setting and ecosystem balance as Nature decides...left alone as much as possible as to not deter from a natural setting.

The state is aggressive with predator control measures because we people like to eat meat more than we like to kill predators...but someone has to kill predators or else they'll take over....at least that's how i interpret the last 50 years of state game management.

The feds are saying, wait a minute, our lands and animals are for the people, but also we must respect the natural processes that were here before humans and should perpetuate long after we have lost interest. The availability to hunters still exist, but fair chase pursuits should be the rule, and not the all-encompassing economic science that leads are state management agendas.

If you step back just a step or two, who is more right or more wrong? It's literally a management policy conflict, and the Feds are using the legal framework for their guidance.

So what, we hunters can't exterminate bears by snares and den-hunting practices. Now we just have to go and hunt more seriously during peak periods if we want to contribute to predator control.

Guys, it's not always a conspiracy when control is seized in favor of self preservation. In the end the animals will all die if we get hungry enough, regardless of who owns the land and how they attempt to manage it.

itch the natuv way brushers....

https://www.fws.gov/alaska/nwr/pdf/FWS%202016-18117.pdf

Pretty interesting to read. Surprising to see (or not really) that there were so few tribes involved, majority from the interior.