Thread: Wood Stoves

Default Wood Stoves

My family and I are looking at purchasing a new woodstove for our cabin. I am struggling to find reliable sources for reviews on the different brands and models offered. What are some good brands and models that will heat a 20 x 20 cabin up near Eureka. Thanks for any helpful input. I am currently looking at the Blaze King Princess and the Quadra Fire 4300 Millennium.

Can't go wrong with a Blaze King princess. For their price point, they're awesome (eventually they tend to crack- I don't know how much more or less than other brands). My Princess is incredibly efficient and well suited to adjust based on conditions.

The only better stove I've personally seen is a similarly sized "soap stone" $5,000 + stove that heated a 3000 sq ft lodge.

Airflow control is imo the biggest feature in a stove, and the BK does great in that regard.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy7b14 View Post
    My family and I are looking at purchasing a new woodstove for our cabin. I am struggling to find reliable sources for reviews on the different brands and models offered. What are some good brands and models that will heat a 20 x 20 cabin up near Eureka. Thanks for any helpful input. I am currently looking at the Blaze King Princess and the Quadra Fire 4300 Millennium.
    Both those stoves are designed to heat 2000+ square feet. You'd be better served by something much smaller. https://www.tinywoodstove.com/wood-s...r-tiny-spaces/
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Actually the BK princess would be my first choice, they are efficient with long burn times.
    Nice large flat top to Cook on and still have room for a large pot of water on it.
    This from first hand experience, we have a princess at the cabin and a King at the house, my house is small and so is my cabin.
    Highly recommended.
    Never heard of a BK cracking, maybe it was abused?!
    My .02c.
    Bk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Airboats, ocean boats, and river boats serviced.
    https://www.facebook.com/BKMarineServices?fref=ts

Is this a weekend cabin used in the winter (I assume so)? If so, then the BK Princess is a good idea. High BTUs to get the place warmed up quickly and the ability to turn the output way down.

Quote Originally Posted by awwshucks View Post
    Is this a weekend cabin used in the winter (I assume so)? If so, then the BK Princess is a good idea. High BTUs to get the place warmed up quickly and the ability to turn the output way down.
    My cabin neighbor (off-grid, off-road, ATV access only, cuts/splits his own wood and lives there full-time) uses a Blaze King princess for his place (circa 20 x 30) and uses it exactly this way.
    Back in AK