Thread: Input & Opinions on best place to purchase my new Hewescraft Ocean Pro?

Default Input & Opinions on best place to purchase my new Hewescraft Ocean Pro?

For those who have purchased a new Hewescraft in the past couple of years, could you please give me your input and advice on the best dealership (price, service, and reputation) to go with? I would like to keep my business in Alaska, however, I am seriously considering several of the dealerships in Washington because of their lower prices. Any of your experiences (good and bad) would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm a member of the Hewescraft Owners Forum, and consistently the highest praise for price and service on the West Coast is for Tom-n-Jerry's in Mt. Vernon, WA. A couple of buds here at home have ordered from them, saving lots of money even after shipping, and incredible help in laying out and equipping the boat with accessories. Nationwide, Calumet up in the Great Lakes region gets high marks, too, though I don't recall where they are at the moment.

The trade-off is local service. We bought from Dewey's, and though we paid more, I can't imagine better service. We're not in Anchorage, but it's been a treat to deal with them by phone. I get hooked up with the mechanics who actually do the work, and their answers are no-nonsense good. Shipping is prompt and reasonable. I can't imagine Tom-n-Jerry's being any faster or better, so I'm content to have spent the extra buying from Dewey's.
    "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
    Merle Haggard

I bought my OceanPro from Northwest Marine & Sport in Pasco WA. I live in Juneau it cost $100/ft to barge up at the time. Barge lines count the tip of the trailer to the end of the skeg. Dewey's has an advantage if they have the boat you want in stock. Do your research on shipping though.

Back to the question I was incredibly happy with Jerry at NW Marine & Sport. They sell tons of Hewescraft boats. When I buy again it will be a matter of inventory to pick from between Tom-N-Jerry's and NW Marine & Sport. Earlier this spring I think a 220 OP with a 150 and trailer was going for $57K.

Sobie2

Thank you, BrownBear and Sobie2, I appreciate your input.

I used Tom-n-Jerry's when I bought mine a few years back. Even after shipping I was several grand ahead.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Deweys is very good and local. Their prices are just low enough that I could not justify driving down to the lower 48 to pickup my 2015 OP. Local service is worth it to me. 57k?? Not mine. Do not go with less than max horsies. I am very happy with the 3.3L yammie 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing I might change would be the upgrade to the best seats. We got the medium suspension and love them but I wonder if the best ones would last longer. No issues with ours so far. And sharkhide it before you put it in the water. I also sealed with silicone all around the floor cracks.

Am I understanding correctly that you can silicone all the edges and seams on your fishing deck floor?

I bought from Dewey's and felt I was given a fear price on the boat. I have on a few occasions had to contact there service department and they get me right to the mechanic which has always gotten be back up and running. I have always been happy with there service and it is much easier to contact them and get a quick answer or a place in line for the shop. They are my go to shop when there is a problem.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I bought form Deweys in 2014. Could not be happier about the deal or the service I've gotten since.

Yes, i put silicon on all of the seams and edges of my floor. It keeps all the small rocks and fishgutstuff out. I would do it again.

Right on. I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!

Bought my first Hewes from Tom and Jerry's, no complaints other than one of the spindles on the trailer axle was bent. EZ loader sent me a new axle and tire under warranty, had to install it myself but at least I didn't have to pay for it. When I went to purchase my second boat I got quotes from Dewey's and T&J's, Dewey's actually beat their price so I went with them. It was nice dealing with Dewey's while I was getting the prop dialed in, Buzz gave me a couple of different props to try to get the best performance.

So I started working with T&J but had some issues with shipping and accessories on the boat. There were also some issues with prices for various options. So I went into Deweys and was told they would MATCH the price of the boat FOB Anchorage. That was a no brainer. The service has been great. Buzz is very knowledgeable and the entire crew there has been very helpful. Couldn't ask for a better experience. My boat was a bit custom with the 300 yami, 25 kicker, extended roof, RLC etc etc. Everything was professionally installed and when I have had any issues (which haven't been many) they are all over it. Plus they spent quite a bit of time going over everything with me BEFORE they installed it and when I went to pick it up they spent a lot of time going over all the systems. My only regret is that I should have started at Deweys......
    Ruby at the end of a good day.

You put a 300 on an ocean pro 220?

Quote Originally Posted by TriIron View Post
    RLC etc etc.
    RLC is short cabin on the Alaskan... either a 240 or 260.

And yes Bullelkklr knows that the OceanPro is only rated for 250hp.

Sobie2

Another plug for Dewey's. I checked every dealership I could find on the west coast including Tom and Jerry's and Dewey's came in cheaper after considering shipping to Anchorage. I ordered up a PC-240 set up just like TriIron's. Dustin was awesome to work with and Buzz took a lot of time going over everything on the boat at delivery. They nailed the prop size for my 300 but told me they would swap props out until I was happy. Service since has been excellent in my opinion. Thankfully, only routine maintenance has been needed since purchase except for the fuel vapor filter the EPA made Hewescraft install. That thing plugged up and caused me a panic out on the water. Buzz had me open the gas cap while I was on the phone with him and nailed that issue.

I wish I had the experience with Dewey's others seem to have had. I got quotes from both Tom-n-Jerry's and Dewey's. Dewey's was significantly higher and even higher after shipping was factored in. I asked them to come closer to the TJ quote so I could buy from them and I got blown off, even treated a bit rudely. I didn't expect them to match it, but if it would've been within a grand or two I would've still bought from them.

TJ put the boat on the AMHS ferry and sent it up to me. Dewey's wanted me to fly to the Hewescraft factory, pick up the boat, drive it to the ferry, put in on, pick it up in Whittier, and deliver it to them for rigging. Maybe it's different if you buy off the lot?
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

No it's a PC 26'.
    Ruby at the end of a good day.

Kay9Cop...sent you a PM about shipping on the AMHS. I'm running into the same issue as you and its looking like T&J's will be the way to go.