Thread: Towing an oversize boat through Canada

Post Towing an oversize boat through Canada

Hello everyone! I bought a big jet boat here in Portland and will be towing it home to Alaska next week. I found out today that the trailer is 9' 3" and is well over width. Does anyone know what I need to do to get a permit in order to travel through the Canadian boarder with out any problems? Thank you for your help!!!

You can go to your myalaska website, if you don't have a login there is a place for you to set one up. You will have to find the DOT webpage and look for the weights and measures tab, there you will find the form for trip permits. Canada call the RCMP's and they can get you the info you'll nees to get across Canada. Not sure about OR and WA states.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away."

Thank you! I will call first thing tomorrow! Everything I have been finding is for commercial towing so far.

oversize is oversize ain't it ??? don't think it matters.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Once you breech the 8'6" width in most of the US you fall under all commercial requirements for oversize permits which includes stopping at weigh stations.

In Canada it changes from Providence to Providence. One, but can't remember which one, allows a load wider then 8'6". Make sure you have all your "I's" dotted and "T's" crossed. If you roll the dice to avoid the regs will get you impounded/towed. In the commercial world that is big bucks for the tow/impound.

Just go with it.